The Student Room Group

Why English people don't invite me round their home for food?

In our tradition always the women are doing the cooking for friend/relative lots of rice, bread init the whole works. Always spending lot of time doing the preparation aswell as making sure the home looks nice, but why the English they are not doing this thing. Only they are putting crisps on the table and going to the pub and the women they are not doing the home thing isnt it. Why in English home aswell they are having paper and not water jug cos otherwise when they are doing the motions ya how they are getting clean? So why all these things. I was not expecting English people to be like animal get me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
^UKIP voter
Reply 2
British people in general are inhospitable, unwelcoming and pretty cold. People tend to keep to themselves, stay in, complain about every little thing from people on the tube to having too many sugars in their tea and then when it comes to anything serious that requires some sort of effort, they'd rather just wallow in an apathetic manner.
Reply 3
Some do some don't (although it's only those that knew you for some time that will do).
I can't answer a question that's written so poorly I don't understand it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Women are not servants in this country and have more important things to do than cooking. :smile: Western people also find touching feces with your bare hands disgusting so we don't do water jugs :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by driftawaay
Women are not servants in this country and have more important things to do than cooking. :smile: Western people also find touching feces with your bare hands disgusting so we don't do water jugs :smile:

Nice skin. You are from a good family?
Reply 8
Original post by driftawaay

water jugs don't require touching feces with your bare hands

and dont feed the troll
Maybe they don't like you?
Original post by ManiWembley

Thank you. Yes my family are upper class and I am a supermodel. :smile:
Original post by Mr JB
British people in general are inhospitable, unwelcoming and pretty cold. People tend to keep to themselves, stay in, complain about every little thing from people on the tube to having too many sugars in their tea and then when it comes to anything serious that requires some sort of effort, they'd rather just wallow in an apathetic manner.

I hope you're kidding...
Or you need to actually visit more places in the UK 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by kendellex
I hope you're kidding...
Or you need to actually visit more places in the UK 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

British people have a reputation as cold, unwelcoming and inhospitable in many parts of the world.
Original post by Mr JB
British people have a reputation as cold, unwelcoming and inhospitable in many parts of the world.

How I hate stereotypes.
We are very welcoming and we actually do say hello to others in public transport and we don't all have bad teeth (that was the weirdest one I heard).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

We are very welcoming

You need to visit more countries. I am British myself and quite honestly, we are one of the least welcoming countries out there. You only realise just how inhospitable the British are when you travel abroad and meet truly hospitable people.
Reply 15
Original post by ManiWembley

:lol:
Original post by Mr JB
You need to visit more countries. I am British myself and quite honestly, we are one of the least welcoming countries out there. You only realise just how inhospitable the British are when you travel abroad and meet truly hospitable people.

Depends where you go I suppose. I have been to other countries and even though they are welcoming I wouldn't say we are not. Maybe if you head further south in England, possibly, but I've never been down there 😁😁😁
Northern Ireland is very welcoming and proud of its heritage. Come visit! We'll show you around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How I hate stereotypes.
We are very welcoming and we actually do say hello to others in public transport and we don't all have bad teeth (that was the weirdest one I heard).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I know. Whether you're welcoming or not and have good teeth etc has nothing to do with which country you are from. People are just stupid. :colonhash: It's like when people say French people are rude. Just because you go on holiday to Paris and people dont fall over themselves for you doesn't mean they are rude, people are in a rush in every big city and probably can't understand your inadequate French so won't bother with you. My other fav is that Spanish people are lazy...what the hell. Callate bitches! :colonhash:
Reply 18
I can't think of ever inviting one of my friends over for food! I have to admit.

Different cultures have different ways of interacting and displaying hospitality, you can't expect people in Britain to be the same as in your culture.
Reply 19
Generalisations are often bred out of collective shared opinion. Only an idiot would believe someone was talking about 100% of people when making a generalisation.

Quick Reply

Latest