The Student Room Group

Ways to get closer and bond to men without sex?

Hey,
I'm just wanting some tips on how to get closer to guys without having sex with them.

To cut a long story short I used to have really low self esteem and thought all I was good for was men to screw as I felt I was unlovable and worthless. I slept with 3 guys I didn't know every well over the space of 5 years. I think I was trying to use sex as a way to get closer to them but now I realise that I should have got to know them better, and formed a deep emotional connection with them first. Having sex first and then trying to form a connection only hurt me and made me feel cheap. Please don't talk about how women can enjoy sex without emotion too etc. etc. because regardless of gender I personally am just not cut out for sex without emotion.

I appreciate that I probably sound really immature and naive after this but please can you suggest some ways to get closer to a guy whilst keeping all of our clothes on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only if he doesnt find you attractive or already has a gf
Become a bro and swear an oath to the bro code = bonded
Reply 3
Original post by James222
Only if he doesnt find you attractive or already has a gf

Original post by Handsome_Devil
Become a bro and swear an oath to the bro code = bonded

Serious answers please this is no laughing matter:cry:
Frequently attend more social situations where u can act like yourself, whilst getting to know other guys.

Do you still feel a connection with the other 3 guys u slept with btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enjoy the things you have in common with them, be interested in their interests, meet up occasionally.. similar to getting to know a female best friend, I suppose.
Make it clear to them that your genitals look like a butchers bin, then you'll know that if they want a relationship they don't just want sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Serious answers please this is no laughing matter:cry:

I was being serious :/
I thought u dont want to sleep with them

If you just want to sleep with them after you get to know them then just delay sleeping with them
Hey,
I'm just wanting some tips on how to get closer to guys without having sex with them.

To cut a long story short I used to have really low self esteem and thought all I was good for was men to screw as I felt I was unlovable and worthless. I slept with 3 guys I didn't know every well over the space of 5 years. I think I was trying to use sex as a way to get closer to them but now I realise that I should have got to know them better, and formed a deep emotional connection with them first. Having sex first and then trying to form a connection only hurt me and made me feel cheap. Please don't talk about how women can enjoy sex without emotion too etc. etc. because regardless of gender I personally am just not cut out for sex without emotion.

I appreciate that I probably sound really immature and naive after this but please can you suggest some ways to get closer to a guy whilst keeping all of our clothes on?

Tbh I rind it hard to talk to guys without flirting qnd being sexual xx help xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make me and buy me food and you'll have me for life babe
try joining a meetup group, in fact the website meetup is good for social events and there is likely something in your area that you can enjoy and then your in the company of people with similar interests so you can talk to guys in a more relaxed way. not sure how much this helps you but i hope it is useful
Hey,

Blow job
Original post by SeanFM
Enjoy the things you have in common with them, be interested in their interests, meet up occasionally.. similar to getting to know a female best friend, I suppose.

I'm sorry I didn't make this question specific enough. In terms of dating and getting to know a guy how do I bond before having sex?

Original post by littlenorthernlass
Make friends with them and don't sleep with them.

As above :smile:
Original post by angelcake123
Frequently attend more social situations where u can act like yourself, whilst getting to know other guys.

Do you still feel a connection with the other 3 guys u slept with btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do still think about them even though I was probably just another notch on the belt to them :frown:

Original post by James222
I was being serious :/
I thought u dont want to sleep with them

If you just want to sleep with them after you get to know them then just delay sleeping with them

Ah okay I'm sorry. So suppose I was dating the guy rather than just making friends. How do I bond and get closer to them before I'm ready for sex?
I'm sorry I didn't make this question specific enough. In terms of dating and getting to know a guy how do I bond before having sex?

As above :smile:

Talk to them, text them, go out for food, cinema, bowling. Do social things that will lead to you communicating and learn things about his personality and attitude.

Just make sure you aren't going to be in a house or any other place where sex could easily arise, atleast until you are happy with them.
Original post by FakeDumbledore
This is a vile, abhorrent and truly disgusting way to speak to somebody of the community. Just how do you people sleep at night? This person is clearly extremely desperate and is calling upon us for aid, and you abuse that.

What sort of society do we live in when you can't even post on a forum about your life and it doesn't get slaughtered to f*ck?

Look at yourself, man.

Good name BTW and I do agree with your post.

Thank you for standing up for me :smile: Indeed I may sound like a bit of a saddo but really after some advice to help me turn things around.

Original post by kickboxer 98
Tbh I rind it hard to talk to guys without flirting qnd being sexual xx help xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I just don't know how to connect to a guy without taking my clothes off I know that sounds horrible :frown:

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Make me and buy me food and you'll have me for life babe

Okay so cooking for him? Yeah I can cook :smile:

Original post by chelseafreak
try joining a meetup group, in fact the website meetup is good for social events and there is likely something in your area that you can enjoy and then your in the company of people with similar interests so you can talk to guys in a more relaxed way. not sure how much this helps you but i hope it is useful

Thank you that's good advice I need to get out there and be more brave and try some meetups and activities.

Thank you that's good advice I need to get out there and be more brave and try some meetups and activities.

glad i could help, good luck with it
Original post by TwinnyP
Talk to them, text them, go out for food, cinema, bowling. Do social things that will lead to you communicating and learn things about his personality and attitude.

Just make sure you aren't going to be in a house or any other place where sex could easily arise, atleast until you are happy with them.

Okay thanks for your input :smile: and another question I hope you don't mind.. When it does come to sex eventually and going to each others homes I would like to take it slow and build it up as we build trust i.e. not do everything as once! How do I go about conveying this? Thank you.
Okay thanks for your input :smile: and another question I hope you don't mind.. When it does come to sex eventually and going to each others homes I would like to take it slow and build it up as we build trust i.e. not do everything as once! How do I go about conveying this? Thank you.

Just tell him straight. Say you would like to take things slowly for the first few weeks etc. Give him a boundary, tell him you are ok with hugs or kissing, but not to go to far to soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending