The Student Room Group

French A2 Edexcel Oral - another question, more specific

Ok, I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I wanted to know what the difference was between therapeutic cloning & stem cell research. I want to talk about one of them for my French A2 oral, though am not sure whether to pick one, talk about both, or talk about a specific part of stem cell research, eg. embryonic or adult. I don't really know that much about any of them (obv I'll do research), so I don't really know how much there is to talk about for each one, thus I'm not sure which one(s) to choose to talk about. Any views about which would be better? thanks
Reply 1
Personally, I would suggest doing your presentation on stem cell research and the moral issues related to it. I think that moral issues are probably the most interesting and useful things to talk about in the oral as you can formulate an argument very nicely around them, as well as easily bringing in the other side of the argument. It also leaves plenty open for discussion after the presentation, so perhaps you could try and branch out into discussing other types of cell/cloning research in your discussions? (I'm not exactly sure how it works however as I don't do Edexcel, but for AQA there is a presentation then questions/discussion about the issues raised).

Latest

Trending

Trending