The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University 2016/17

Hi! I'm thinking of applying to Bournemouth (Sept. 2016 intake) to study Adult Nursing. Can someone please tell me how is it like to study there? and how the interview goes? like whether it is a group or one-to-one interview. Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, i recently got a place at Bournemouth to do mental health nursing, so i dont know what it is like to study there quite yet! But the interview was really good, i had a tour and talk and then a group activity talking about qualities that a nurse needs to have, then after waiting around for a while i had an interview with a panel of 4 interviewers all asking questions which was a bit scary. It took about 3 hours overall. I would highly recommend getting some experience in a health setting beforehand, i applied late and managed to squeeze in work experience at a nursing home and dont think i would have got in without it! xx
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Abi022
Hey, i recently got a place at Bournemouth to do mental health nursing, so i dont know what it is like to study there quite yet! But the interview was really good, i had a tour and talk and then a group activity talking about qualities that a nurse needs to have, then after waiting around for a while i had an interview with a panel of 4 interviewers all asking questions which was a bit scary. It took about 3 hours overall. I would highly recommend getting some experience in a health setting beforehand, i applied late and managed to squeeze in work experience at a nursing home and dont think i would have got in without it! xx

This is helpful! Thank you so much :smile: So there's a group interview and a one-to-one as well?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Yeah there is, i originally thought it was going to be a one to one interview but it ended up being a panel of interviewers! But the group thing is more of a debate between everyone being interviewed and people just make notes about you xxx
Reply 4
Original post by Abi022
Yeah there is, i originally thought it was going to be a one to one interview but it ended up being a panel of interviewers! But the group thing is more of a debate between everyone being interviewed and people just make notes about you xxx

What type of questions do they ask you in a group activity and one to one interview? and how big is the group and does everyone get to speak?Sorry for asking too many questions, I hope you don't mind. I'm worried cause I'm too timid when it comes to group interview although I don't really mind one-to-one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by tfxx97
What type of questions do they ask you in a group activity and one to one interview? and how big is the group and d oes everyone get to speak?Sorry for asking too many questions, I hope you don't mind. I'm worried cause I'm too timid when it comes to group interview although I don't really mind one-to-one.

They basicaly gave me like a sheet of qualities that a nurse needs and we had to discuss which ones were most important and what a service user would like the most. The group we did it in was about 7-8 people i think and it was hard to get yourself heard but you just have to jump in when you can! In yhe individual interviews the questions were like what is the role of a nurse, why do you want to be a nurse, stuff like that, there is a great page on the student room that really helped ith questions, i printed them out and got my mum to as me everything so i was completely prepared! Heres the link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15877-nursing-interviews xx
Reply 6
Original post by Abi022
They basicaly gave me like a sheet of qualities that a nurse needs and we had to discuss which ones were most important and what a service user would like the most. The group we did it in was about 7-8 people i think and it was hard to get yourself heard but you just have to jump in when you can! In yhe individual interviews the questions were like what is the role of a nurse, why do you want to be a nurse, stuff like that, there is a great page on the student room that really helped ith questions, i printed them out and got my mum to as me everything so i was completely prepared! Heres the link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15877-nursing-interviews xx

I see, I might apply to BU then. Thank you so so much for your help! Good luck in Uni xx
Reply 7
I'm a 2nd year student doing adult nursing at Bournemouth, the entire process of getting in wasn't stressful at all, and al the lecturers are really lovely, one of them even joked about how they have to be serious during interviews and that they just wanted to have a laugh and give the people being interviewed a hug and a cup of tea. I love studying here xx
Hi there,

If you are looking for any driving lessons then I would recommend:

bournemouthandpooledrivinglessons.co.uk

I used this driving school to learn how to drive and is particularly useful for students as they offer a student discount.

I would highly recommend so check them out!
Reply 9
How long do they take to get back to you after you submit your UCAS form? Are they quick or do they take forever?
Reply 10
I applied just before the deadline in January this year and only heard anything back a couple of months later, i think the earlier you get your UCAS application it, the easier it is for them to make decisions on who they want to interview so that would be my advice! But every uni is different on waiting for a reply. As for giving you a place, the day after my interview i was given an offer so that was very quick!!
Is it a fun Uni to be at, studying aside, Is there alot of stuff to in the town or whatever? I've been looking at Nutrition here and the course looks pretty good, I just hope there other stuff to do when I'm not studying...
Reply 12
Yeah there is always something to do, like the beach, the gardens, cinemas, restaurants, bars and clubs and always great shopping!
haha yeah the beach! The uni loves to hype up the beach lol, I guess I need to join some beach volleyball team or something
Original post by Matthoow
Is it a fun Uni to be at, studying aside, Is there alot of stuff to in the town or whatever? I've been looking at Nutrition here and the course looks pretty good, I just hope there other stuff to do when I'm not studying...

Hi Matt

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador at BU, as well as a third year archaeology student.

There are lots of societies to join covering all sorts (check out:
http://www.subu.org.uk/ to get the full list). Personally I am a member of the gamers society (boardgames on Monday!). As others have said there is a lot to do in town: cinema (somewhere), ice skating (apparently) and some really nice shops. There is also an aquarium down by the pier (which is a really nice little thing I would suggest checking it out).

On campus we have sportsBU (so gym, classes and other sports) as well as Dlyans (bar).

If you have any more questions about BU just let me know,

Amy
Hi,

I have recently applied to Bournemouth uni for children and young people's nursing (I sent my application off on the 6/10/15) and waited for 7 weeks before being invited for an interview (on the 12/1/16) I am so excited, but at the same time quite nervous, as this is the uni I really want to go to! I didn't realise they have a group interview, hopefully I will secure a place!

Good luck with your application! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending