The Student Room Group

Btec extended diploma in applied science level 3.

Ok, I had CBB in my gcse sciences and I'm taking applied science level 3 (extended diploma) in sixth form (also don't give me a speech on how I should do A levels because I basically can't take the stress of exams anymore, so...) I was looking at what courses I could study at Staffordshire university after sixth form and notice that i could study; biology, forensic biology, ect and even phycology. It showed the entry requirements on both ucas and Staffordshire university website and they all said I needed at least Distinction, merit, merit :/ so is this true? I've seen a lot of other thread answers saying that "you should phone the university to see if they accept" also say if I got only distinctions, would that increase my chances of studying biology at university???

P.s thanks for the answers.
Original post by Acrylic-Cookie
Ok, I had CBB in my gcse sciences and I'm taking applied science level 3 (extended diploma) in sixth form (also don't give me a speech on how I should do A levels because I basically can't take the stress of exams anymore, so...) I was looking at what courses I could study at Staffordshire university after sixth form and notice that i could study; biology, forensic biology, ect and even phycology. It showed the entry requirements on both ucas and Staffordshire university website and they all said I needed at least Distinction, merit, merit :/ so is this true? I've seen a lot of other thread answers saying that "you should phone the university to see if they accept" also say if I got only distinctions, would that increase my chances of studying biology at university???

P.s thanks for the answers.

I've moved this thread to an appropriate forum where hopefully you'll get more responses :smile:

First of all, I think that if you can't really handle the stress of exams then you should probably start considering alternatives to university, since they will be a lot more demanding in terms of work load and exams. Some universities may have an emphasis on coursework, but a lot of them will demand a lab report every week ect... The idea of doing A-levels is that you get used to the prospect of lab reports, understanding on how science works and exam pressure. All of these are qualities which are desired by universities and work places.

If the university entry requirements say distinction, merit, merit, then that's what they are. If you don't think you'll manage this, then consider alternative universities with lower requirements. If you do better than achieving a distinction and 2 merits, then Staffordshire university will accept you as long as they give you an offer which you meet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending