Maths B
Biology B
English literatureB
German A
Geography C
Re B
English language C
Latin B
My grades are so bad and i feel so ashamed of myself as now i willl never ever get into oxford or cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay.
Original post by Niall2810
Physics B
Chemistry A
Maths B
Biology B
English literatureB
German A
Geography C
Re B
English language C
Latin B
My grades are so bad and i feel so ashamed of myself as now i willl never ever get into oxford or cambridge

Stop being an attention seeker. Oxford don't highly regard your GCSEs - although it may put you at a disadvantage, your a-levels count more.
They're all a*-c which is all you need. You need 5a*-c and at least a B in the subject you want to study in A-levels. A-levels matter more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
#Firstworldproblems.

It isn't that bad bro. I've seen many people with worse. If you can't cope with getting bad grades, you have a rough life ahead of you.
Reply 5
I know how you feel! I felt pretty disappointed with my GCSE results.

They're honestly not that bad. Just work EXTREMELY hard at A-levels. Not many universities really care about GCSE's if you get a B in English Lang and Maths. :smile:

(It also depends on what you plan to study at university)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Bitch... My Gcse's were worse than yours...
Reply 7
You're just not good enough for Oxbridge, or the tier below (and probably the tier below) as it stands. You can still turn it around, work your ass off and get straight A's at AS level and put yourself into a strong position to apply to a top university, and then all of this will be forgotten. No point dwelling on it, move on but be realistic in the sense that if you're getting B's and C's in your GCSE's, the likelihood is that you're not gonna be able to pull those up massively if that's what your aim is (though it's possible).
Physics B
Chemistry A
Maths B
Biology B
English literatureB
German A
Geography C
Re B
English language C
Latin B

Oh, give me a break... So what if you don't get into Oxford or Cambridge? Your life isn't over.
Reply 9
Physics B
Chemistry A
Maths B
Biology B
English literatureB
German A
Geography C
Re B
English language C
Latin B

Listen there is nothing wrong with your results whatsoever , I hope you know that the expectation is to get an A*-C grade and none of your grades are below that so no need to worry , you're good 😊 well done
Reply 10
Original post by Depleted
You're just not good enough for Oxbridge, or the tier below (and probably the tier below) as it stands.

Wow you are a tool.
Original post by 0range
Wow you are a tool.

Yes, because I'm a tool for telling someone who got 2A's and the rest B's and C's at GCSE, that as it stands, aka without AS Levels, they won't stand a chance to get into the best (or near best) university in the world?
Original post by 0range
Wow you are a tool.

Sorry, but it's almost certainly true. :tongue: With the A-level reforms set to come into force from this year, GCSEs will become more important than they are right now.
Your GCSE results aren't stellar, but don't give up on Oxbridge just yet. Cambridge don't consider them as much as A Levels (Oxford do, sorry), and if you do really well (I'm talking A*AA at least), there's nothing stopping you from applying post A Level with your achieved grades. Also, Oxbridge isn't the be all and end all of unis. Warwick, Durham, KCL and UCL are also internationally highly renowned, with little emphasis placed on GCSEs. What do you want to study?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by TurtleberrySoup
Your GCSE results aren't stellar, but don't give up on Oxbridge just yet. Cambridge don't consider them as much as A Levels (Oxford do, sorry), and if you do really well (I'm talking A*AA at least), there's nothing stopping you from applying post A Level with your achieved grades. Also, Oxbridge isn't the be all and end all of unis. Warwick, Durham, KCL and UCL are also internationally highly renowned, with little emphasis placed on GCSEs. What do you want to study?
Posted from TSR Mobile

German or medicine
German or medicine

If your heart is set on Oxbridge, German is your best bet. Medicine is way too competitive for you to stand a realistic chance. Also, it's very important that you apply post A Level with very good grades if you want the best chance of getting in. As other posters have said, with A Level reforms coming in this year your GCSEs will be what they have to go on, and they won't even get you an interview (sorry!)

If it doesn't work out, please remember that there are amazing unis apart from Cambridge out there, and there's always the option of looking internationally. Also, you have at least a year until you would be applying (2 if you take my advice). In that year, you might discover a range of new experiences and passions that could send you hurtling off in an entirely different, but equally good, direction. Chin up! It's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
If your heart is set on Oxbridge, German is your best bet. Medicine is way too competitive for you to stand a realistic chance. Also, it's very important that you apply post A Level with very good grades if you want the best chance of getting in. As other posters have said, with A Level reforms coming in this year your GCSEs will be what they have to go on, and they won't even get you an interview (sorry!)

If it doesn't work out, please remember that there are amazing unis apart from Cambridge out there, and there's always the option of looking internationally. Also, you have at least a year until you would be applying (2 if you take my advice). In that year, you might discover a range of new experiences and passions that could send you hurtling off in an entirely different, but equally good, direction. Chin up! It's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you apply for unis before or after you get your AS results?
Original post by anon6478
Do you apply for unis before or after you get your AS results?

After your AS results, in your second year. However, now you guys starting this September will be judged on GCSEs, teacher appraisals and the PS more, as AS' are being phased out. All your assessments are in your final year. It's stupid, illogical and desperately unfair, but that's what you get with this kind of government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
After your AS results, in your second year. However, now you guys starting this September will be judged on GCSEs, teacher appraisals and the PS more, as AS' are being phased out. All your assessments are in your final year. It's stupid, illogical and desperately unfair, but that's what you get with this kind of government.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if you were doing a subject that hasn't been reformed?
Original post by anon6478
What if you were doing a subject that hasn't been reformed?

Then I assume that you'll still have AS exams, but it's best to check that with the new syllabuses on the exam board's website. What A Levels are you going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest