The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxford with no predicted grades

Hello,
My predicted grades come out in December, it is my school's policy and the teachers won't predict my grades until the first semester ends. How do I provide my predicted grades to Oxford?
It sounds as though you can't, in your current scenario.
Original post by n.safar4
Hello,
My predicted grades come out in December, it is my school's policy and the teachers won't predict my grades until the first semester ends. How do I provide my predicted grades to Oxford?

All Oxbridge applications, with the exception of those made to the mature-only colleges, have to be made by the 15 October deadline. If that's not possible for you to meet and you really want to go to Oxbridge anyway, you could apply in a gap year with achieved A2 grades - indeed, if they're very impressive this might actually be an advantage for you. :smile:
Have you spoken to your school about what they currently do/what they would do for applicants with the earlier deadline (assuming you're not the first)?

Otherwise, you'll probably be looking at a post-A2 application.
Original post by n.safar4
Hello,

Your only option is to speak to your teachers, or whoever is responsible for your application (e.g. your referee), to request your predicted grades early. Hopefully, assuming your school has some common sense and basic decency, they'll make an exception to that policy and provide you with your predicted grades since your UCAS application must be sent off before the October deadline if you want to apply to Oxford, and you need to have predicted grades.

Is this by any chance a foreign school?
Reply 5
Original post by Plagioclase
Your only option is to speak to your teachers, or whoever is responsible for your application (e.g. your referee), to request your predicted grades early. Hopefully, assuming your school has some common sense and basic decency, they'll make an exception to that policy and provide you with your predicted grades since your UCAS application must be sent off before the October deadline if you want to apply to Oxford, and you need to have predicted grades.

Is this by any chance a foreign school?

Yes it's a foreign school ( all the way in KSA ) but we follow the british curriculum and yeah this is my scenario.
I really hope I don't have to apply post A2 as I am not interested in a gap year.
I will speak to them today and see how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending