The Student Room Group

Should i spend £3000 on this engagement ring?

Is it ethical? Is it sensible for a student?

Here is the ring

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me unless your so rich it doesn't matter this is a preposterous amount and a waste. You could get something just as nice for 10% of this cost and spend the rest on a cracking holiday. But just my view..
No, you shouldn't. Frankly it's over priced and you'd be better off going to a jewellers rather than buying off Amazon.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
For me unless your so rich it doesn't matter this is a preposterous amount and a waste. You could get something just as nice for 10% of this cost and spend the rest on a cracking holiday. But just my view..

Original post by EloiseStar
No, you shouldn't. Frankly it's over priced and you'd be better off going to a jewellers rather than buying off Amazon.

Sigh, what if she wants it?
Reply 4
Its really up to you but seriously, there's no need for an expensive ring especially if you're on a tight budget like most students are. My engagement ring only cost £30 and I chose it myself after my partner proposed. Everyone always thinks its an expensive ring though. To me it is a waste to spend a fortune on a ring when you could lose it or you could put the money towards your wedding and honeymoon instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
....who buys an engagement ring from Amazon lol Tiffanys or gtfo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Spock's Socks
Its really up to you but seriously, there's no need for am expensive ring especially if you're on a tight budget like most students are. My engagement ring only cost £30 and I chose it myself after my partner proposed. Everyone always thinks its an expensive ring though. To me it is a waste to spend a fortune on a ring when you could lose it or you could put the money towards your wedding and honeymoon instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AccountingBabe
....who buys an engagement ring from Amazon lol Tiffanys or gtfo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what if she chose this 3000 ring
Original post by Anonymous

Pandora sells similar rings which are 100x cheaper. It's seriously overpriced.
If i was your future fiancee, I'd rather you bought a cheaper ring and save the rest of the money towards the wedding and your future life together.

Also look in a jewellers rather than amazon, as the rings will probably be nicer and also cheaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Wow if she is already being this domineering then you are set for a hard life, my friend. If you can't afford it and she insists on it then she has more regard for the material than you. You're a fool and a simp.

[video="youtube;6vwNcNOTVzY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY[/video]

Then if you can afford it, get her it. If you can't then she should understand that there will be rings out there that look identical to the ring she chose for a hell of a lot cheaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get her a 0.3 carat from Tiffanys at this price £3000 roughly and she would be over the moon and the ring would keep its worth over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noooo
Reply 14

See if you can sell her an alternative idea. Plus show her all the replies on TSR, that's sure to influence..
i don't want to dissapoint
Even at 1 carat that ring doesn't even look like it's worth £2000 never mind £3500

Posted from TSR Mobile
i don't want to dissapoint

Can you afford the price?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it ethical? Is it sensible for a student?

Here is the ring

These come in Kinder eggs.
>3k ring
>"is it sensible for a student"
> such logic, much wow

Not hating, it just seem ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest