The Student Room Group

University bag?!

Hey!
I was just wondering if anybody can give me some advice on what type of bag is suitable for University. I had a backpack for GCSE but for A- Levels I just had a Cath Kidston style bag and found it did the job perfectly well. However, I'm not sure what to use for University. I'm taking joint honours English Literature and Publishing however, I'm staying on campus so it's not to far to walk to lectures. If anybody could be of any help it would be much appreciated. Thanks! P.S I'm an 18 year old female. :smile:
Step 1: Place books on top of head
Step 2: Put right hand on top of books to maintain stability
Step 3: Walk!
depends how you want to work, personally I took a very small bag with a pen and some loose paper and then transferred my notes to the relevant folder when I got home, I was never on campus all day so didn't need to take lunch, just my phone, keys, water and maybe a snack so I didn't need much

perhaps take what you have and if you feel you'd rather something different get it once you're there and know your schedule, although I don't think you're going to have any issue with any sort of bag really
I bought a Cath Kidston all day open bag for uni which has lasted my first two years and hopefully will last my final year.
It fits everything I need in it, even when in placement when i have to take my uniform top, paperwork, lunch, purse keys ,etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm wondering the same thing, I was thinking i'd like a backpack to easily walk around without much strain on my shoulders as you'd get with a side bag, but it needs to be strong enough to carry folders etc or laptop, I also worry what if some student is low on money and attempts to steal from your backpack cause you can't really see

Quick Reply

Latest