The Student Room Group

Future job

I'm starting year 13 in a few days and I know when we come back all the preparations for uni applications are going to start. I have given what I want to do in the future some thought over the holidays but I'm still confused on what I should do. I was thinking of taking a psychology course in uni and then maybe become a educational psychologist in the future. I'm really confused on how you actually become a educational psychologist tho. I know you have to complete your degree in psychology and have work experience for at least a year or two working with children but idk what needs to be done after that??? I have also considered becoming a primary school teacher as people keep telling me that getting a job in psyc is highly competitive. :frown:( I'm scared if I do psychology as a degree I might not be able do anything with it afterwards. I'm also scared that it's going to be a lot of hard work and it's going to take a lot of time.
Reply 1
Also this may sound stupid, but how do you become a primary school teacher. Like what course do you take in uni????
Reply 2
Original post by Tsrsarahh
I'm starting year 13 in a few days and I know when we come back all the preparations for uni applications are going to start. I have given what I want to do in the future some thought over the holidays but I'm still confused on what I should do. I was thinking of taking a psychology course in uni and then maybe become a educational psychologist in the future. I'm really confused on how you actually become a educational psychologist tho. I know you have to complete your degree in psychology and have work experience for at least a year or two working with children but idk what needs to be done after that??? I have also considered becoming a primary school teacher as people keep telling me that getting a job in psyc is highly competitive. :frown:( I'm scared if I do psychology as a degree I might not be able do anything with it afterwards. I'm also scared that it's going to be a lot of hard work and it's going to take a lot of time.

Have a look on the what's uni website, maybe some job websites and then you can see what jobs are out there and what you need for them :smile:
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest