The Student Room Group

Cambridge Canundrum

Conundrum **********
Hello, everything I'm taking at A-level (French, philosophy and ethics, history and English Literature) I got an A* in at GCSE, except French which I got a high A in. I was just wondering if I performed to a similar standard at A-level would I stand a chance of getting into Cambridge? Or not?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Dossinglottie
Conundrum **********
Hello, everything I'm taking at A-level (French, philosophy and ethics, history and English Literature) I got an A* in at GCSE, except French which I got a high A in. I was just wondering if I performed to a similar standard at A-level would I stand a chance of getting into Cambridge? Or not?

UMS is what counts when it comes to Cambridge. Mid to high 90s are needed. If you can achieve that, then yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Dossinglottie
Conundrum **********

I think grades at GCSE do not actually say too much about how you will do at A Level (they do to an extent of course)
Although, for argument's sake, I have read that Cambridge undergraduates gained 7-12 A*s on average. This does not mean that you can't get in without 12 A*s though. A Levels matter a lot more. And interview. And entrance tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending