The Student Room Group

How did AS results day go for most people? 2015

Most people I know had it pretty rough including myself. I only know a few people who actually did really well this year. What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

*Insert swear word here*
Thats how it felt
Reply 2
Mixed feelings. I was happy with my As in maths, further maths and economics but my C in history was quite unexpected and shocked me tbh. A lot of people who go to my school were disappointed with how it went though, particularly those who study essay subjects like English lit, they all underperformed.
There were a lot of Us and Es in my year group apparently. :/
I did fine though :P
Isn't it kinda late for these kinds of threads?...
Original post by Laurenafenete
*Insert swear word here*
Thats how it felt

Lol, same I got like:

ABCDC.

My A was in EPQ though which is pretty useless.
Original post by JoshC98
Mixed feelings. I was happy with my As in maths, further maths and economics but my C in history was quite unexpected and shocked me tbh. A lot of people who go to my school were disappointed with how it went though, particularly those who study essay subjects like English lit, they all underperformed.

Well done on your As! Yeah, I was just wondering because my cousin goes to a really good private school and the same has happened for her.
At my sixth form a lot of people were rather disappointed. A lot of Es and Us. And I don't really think it was all down to lack of revision... I revised a lot and did well, but some of my friends who also revised a lot didn't. So.. Maybe there is actually something wrong with the quality of marking *cough* OCR *cough* this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoria98
At my sixth form a lot of people were rather disappointed. A lot of Es and Us. And I don't really think it was all down to lack of revision... I revised a lot and did well, but some of my friends who also revised a lot didn't. So.. Maybe there is actually something wrong with the quality of marking *cough* OCR *cough* this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that was just a rumour ?
I revised so much over the exam period of time, I put my all into it. I was so so disappointed with results day seeing as my hard work, I got CCCDU. AQA Psychology really messed me up, I was predicted a B in the exam. The majority of my sixth form were also very disappointed.
Original post by mollie-brunyee
I revised so much over the exam period of time, I put my all into it. I was so so disappointed with results day seeing as my hard work, I got CCCDU. AQA Psychology really messed me up, I was predicted a B in the exam. The majority of my sixth form were also very disappointed.

I get your pain, I did every single past paper for core 2 and heck even achieved an A for it in my mock exam and I ended up with a C ?!
Original post by RandomStudent420
I get your pain, I did every single past paper for core 2 and heck even achieved an A for it in my mock exam and I ended up with a C ?!

I did ever single paper too, put so much work into psychology as it's a difficult subject. Have no idea whether to re-take next year or take up another subject instead
I was fairly happy with my results (AABC). But I didn't really speak to many people at college on results day so I'm still unsure how a lot of people did. For this reason, I cant wait to get back in a few days (but lessons start in a week so a bit more of waiting).
Reply 13
I had an A, B and C. I am disappointed in the C because I felt I did better (two marks off C in one exam, C in other and B in the practical for AQA Biology).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I don't know anyone from my school that was 100% happy with what they got. Most people, including myself, were disappointed.

Is it me, or were the grades a lot lower this year?
*Laughs hysterically*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dhanihk
I don't know anyone from my school that was 100% happy with what they got. Most people, including myself, were disappointed.

Is it me, or were the grades a lot lower this year?

That's what I'm trying to figure out :s-smilie: haven't seen any threads on tsr talking much about this
I did ever single paper too, put so much work into psychology as it's a difficult subject. Have no idea whether to re-take next year or take up another subject instead

Maybe a levels are just really hard ? I didn't have a very good teacher for maths so I had to teach the modules myself.
Original post by Craig1998
I was fairly happy with my results (AABC). But I didn't really speak to many people at college on results day so I'm still unsure how a lot of people did. For this reason, I cant wait to get back in a few days (but lessons start in a week so a bit more of waiting).

Well done! What subjects do you do :smile: ?

I feel you, worked really hard and got CCDE with the E in maths. This means the maths department wont let me do A2 maths. Others in my year were really disappointed and some have even dropped out.

Quick Reply

Latest