The Student Room Group

Girls would you date a guy that can cook better than you

Im a guy who can cook quite a few dishes. I have been intrigued with cooking ever since i moved out for uni and have developed a strong passion for it. However my past girlfriends have found it awkward and weird when i cook for them. They dont say but i can tell by their facial expressions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow how ungrateful of them. I would love to date someone who cooks and cook together lots and have cook offs and stuff :smile: I honestly wouldn't worry most decent girls will appreciate it (but not take advantage of course haha).
Original post by Rollsreus
Im a guy who can cook quite a few dishes. I have been intrigued with cooking ever since i moved out for uni and have developed a strong passion for it. However my past girlfriends have found it awkward and weird when i cook for them. They dont say but i can tell by their facial expressions.

That's absolutely fine, but as long as you don't serve weetabix with milk for dinner
Reply 3
Original post by Lovinlife2
That's absolutely fine, but as long as you don't serve weetabix with milk for dinner

No, more like lasagne or steak
Of course. My boyfriend trained as a chef so is a much better cook than me! I love it, he cooks me lovely meals :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend is a much better cook than I am, and I love it. It means I constantly learn how to cook new things, and he sometimes spoils me by cooking for me ❤️ I don't understand how a girl can not love it!
Reply 6
i think you shoud be proud of your skills !
Reply 7
I would. I'd have no problem being with someone who can cook well, since I'm not a huge fan of cooking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely, there's nothing more attractive than breaking gender stereotypes. Plus I'm a terrible cook (not for lack of trying, mind you) so I'm kinda counting on my future fella to be able to cook :colondollar:
Reply 9

Definately seeing as the only thing I cam make is beans on toast :biggrin:
Original post by VETwannabe
Definitely, there's nothing more attractive than breaking gender stereotypes. Plus I'm a terrible cook (not for lack of trying, mind you) so I'm kinda counting on my future fella to be able to cook :colondollar:

You smash those gender stereotypes!
it sounds unlucky that your previous relationships haven't given off a great reaction because i would have thought any girl would be impressed and attracted to a guy's ability and love for cooking - especially based on the general impression of uni cooking.
Reply 12
Original post by Millissa
Definately seeing as the only thing I cam make is beans on toast :biggrin:

Haha, not even eggs?

Maybe your food tastes bad.
That would be preferable.
Original post by Changing Skies
Of course. My boyfriend trained as a chef so is a much better cook than me! I love it, he cooks me lovely meals :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, lucky you!
Nope, **** gender roles I'm the cook in this relationship
Im not much of a cook so twould be useful
I think that gender stereotype is invalid these days, of all of my girlfriends only one of them could cook well, one average and most not at all. But I can't imagine a girl finding it weird to be cooked for. I've lured many girls to my lair using the promise of a home cooked meal ^_^;
I dated a chef and I'm definitely not that great at cooking.

I think it would be a silly thing to be annoyed about. It would be quite useful and I'd be more than happy to admit that they could cook better than me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest