The Student Room Group

PUBERTY

Ok so I am so confused whether I have started puberty or not. I go to middle school (primary school I believe the UK say) and im in my last year. Im going to be 16 soon and I have a girly/boyish voice. I am very hairy and started getting really hairy around grade 8. Does that mean I have started puberty? My voice has only lowered a bit since elementary school. Also I don't know when I will start my growth spurt. Im 5ft 4 or 5 and every one of my friend is taller than me by at least 2 inches. I have never ever grown a lot. Over summer my friends grew really tall but I have never grown so much that its obvious I grew taller. Im scared im going to be stuck like this and don't want to go to high school or college looking like a baby and talking like a girl. I have a lot of facial hair so I am really confused. Am I going through puberty? Have I gone through it? Am I gonna have a growth spurt? Am I going through it or have I gone through it? Sorry im just really confused :frown:

Scroll to see replies

People continue to grow into their 20's. You have definitely hit puberty and will most likely continue to develop. If you're really concerned you can always talk to a doctor, I knew a guy who once managed to get growth hormones on prescription (UK).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James_hunter7564
Ok so I am so confused whether I have started puberty or not. I go to middle school (primary school I believe the UK say) and im in my last year. Im going to be 16 soon and I have a girly/boyish voice. I am very hairy and started getting really hairy around grade 8. Does that mean I have started puberty? My voice has only lowered a bit since elementary school. Also I don't know when I will start my growth spurt. Im 5ft 4 or 5 and every one of my friend is taller than me by at least 2 inches. I have never ever grown a lot. Over summer my friends grew really tall but I have never grown so much that its obvious I grew taller. Im scared im going to be stuck like this and don't want to go to high school or college looking like a baby and talking like a girl. I have a lot of facial hair so I am really confused. Am I going through puberty? Have I gone through it? Am I gonna have a growth spurt? Am I going through it or have I gone through it? Sorry im just really confused :frown:

You're in the process of it, don't worry much about it
Original post by _anon_banon
You're in the process of it, don't worry much about it

But when will I get my growth spurt? And have I nearly finished my puberty cos I do not want to look the way I am the rest of my life!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paulska_
People continue to grow into their 20's. You have definitely hit puberty and will most likely continue to develop. If you're really concerned you can always talk to a doctor, I knew a guy who once managed to get growth hormones on prescription (UK).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but I don't want to look like I do now in 10 years time. And yh I want to go to the doctors without my parents knowing haha. Do you think I will grow taller and do you think im finishing puberty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
But when will I get my growth spurt? And have I nearly finished my puberty cos I do not want to look the way I am the rest of my life!

Posted from TSR Mobile

boys can keep growing to 21. I shot up in height when I was 14, and then stopped. Im 5'6 lmao
Original post by vis break
boys can keep growing to 21. I shot up in height when I was 14, and then stopped. Im 5'6 lmao

I heard the later you grow the better because you grow taller? Not sure if that is true but I am aiming to be at least 6ft tall. Isnt it normal to grow around 9" during a growth spurt? So i'll be 5ft 11 if I grow that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw guys this is my other account!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard the later you grow the better because you grow taller? Not sure if that is true but I am aiming to be at least 6ft tall. Isnt it normal to grow around 9" during a growth spurt? So i'll be 5ft 11 if I grow that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's genetic and diet dependant. How tall are your parents?
It's genetic and diet dependant. How tall are your parents?

My dad is 5ft 7 and my mum is about 5ft 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad is 5ft 7 and my mum is about 5ft 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should get to about 5'8 if you're a boy and 5'3 if you're a girl, according to this internet height calc. But they're not too reliable cuz they say I should be 5'5 Xd
You should get to about 5'8 if you're a boy and 5'3 if you're a girl, according to this internet height calc. But they're not too reliable cuz they say I should be 5'5 Xd

How tall are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How tall are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

5'6
5'6

Oh okk! Do you think im just late. Later than the usual time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okk! Do you think im just late. Later than the usual time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone hits their growth spurt/voice change at different times. My voice became deeper when I was 12/13. My friend's broke when he was 16. Dw, you will change in the future lol, for all you know it could be tomoro
Original post by James_hunter7564

It's called *Secondary School here. :smile:

You'll still grow I'll tell you that now. I was 5ft 5 when I was 15 and thought I'd never grow past that, I'm surprised that I have become like 5ft 8 or something now (I'm 17, turning 18 in 3 weeks). I come from a genetically short family but yeah you'll catch up it just happens very slowly until you're 21. Even I still have the chance to grow a bit, albeit probably not much now I'm nearly 18 though!

Honestly height isn't that important though don't worry so much about it. It's not like you're 5ft (yes I actually have a 17 year old male friend who's 5ft!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone hits their growth spurt/voice change at different times. My voice became deeper when I was 12/13. My friend's broke when he was 16. Dw, you will change in the future lol, for all you know it could be tomoro

Haha okk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yellowcopter
It's called *Secondary School here. :smile:

You'll still grow I'll tell you that now. I was 5ft 5 when I was 15 and thought I'd never grow past that, I'm surprised that I have become like 5ft 8 or something now (I'm 17, turning 18 in 3 weeks). I come from a genetically short family but yeah you'll catch up it just happens very slowly until you're 21. Even I still have the chance to grow a bit, albeit probably not much now I'm nearly 18 though!

Honestly height isn't that important though don't worry so much about it. It's not like you're 5ft (yes I actually have a 17 year old male friend who's 5ft!)

Haha okk! Makes me feel better reading all this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boys don't stop growing until 21

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123Beaverboy
Boys don't stop growing until 21

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but I growth spurts happen at different ages so I don't want to miss out the opportunity haha to become taller

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest