The Student Room Group

Can't gain weight!

I'm 18 and I feel like I have a 13 year old girls body, i've tried to gain weight but I just feel like i'm getting skinnier! I'm starting uni soon and I don't think anyone will take me seriously lol. Any advice? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by FayeLDN
I'm 18 and I feel like I have a 13 year old girls body, i've tried to gain weight but I just feel like i'm getting skinnier! I'm starting uni soon and I don't think anyone will take me seriously lol. Any advice? Thanks.

What's your current height and weight??
Reply 2
We'll have you tried just eating pure junk or going to the doctor
Reply 3
Just add a super high calorie drink into your day, several times a day if you can. Something like gold top milk. I imagine a litre a day of gold top milk would add about 1000 calories and compared to other high calorie/quick to consume stuff its relatively not awful for you. Then just eat as normal or, ideally of course, eat more as well (calories are what count, not always portion sizes).
Reply 4
Original post by Shadoo
What's your current height and weight??

I'm 5'3, i'm not sure about my current weight. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Ceara-Lou
We'll have you tried just eating pure junk or going to the doctor

I literally ate mcdonalds 5 days a week for a month and nothing changed, I don't know whats wrong with me.
Reply 6
Its not the quality of the food but the calories :fuhrer:
Reply 7
Original post by mhsc
Just add a super high calorie drink into your day, several times a day if you can. Something like gold top milk. I imagine a litre a day of gold top milk would add about 1000 calories and compared to other high calorie/quick to consume stuff its relatively not awful for you. Then just eat as normal or, ideally of course, eat more as well (calories are what count, not always portion sizes).

Thank you for the advice, i'll definitely buy some!
Original post by FayeLDN
I literally ate mcdonalds 5 days a week for a month and nothing changed, I don't know whats wrong with me.

Don't go down that route, you HAVE to eat more regularly. Don't rely on 3 meals a day, it's not enough if you want to gain weight.

Try to eat several meals a day, maybe 4 or 5 and in between, eat some snacks. I'm not saying don't have a McDonald's every once in a while, but the key to gaining weight is to eat more.

The truth is, most skinny people just don't eat enough. You probably think you do, but you don't (sorry if it sounds harsh but that's the truth).
Go on this diet: http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Eat/Articles/Pack-On-Weight-For-Less-Than-10-A-Day

You will put weight on, I guarantee it. If that seems a bit extreme, then calculate your calorie maintenance online using one of the many sites available and plus 800 calories to it and strive to achieve this on a daily basis. If you're not strict with your meals, you won't put weight on.

Source: Used to be in a similar position.
Reply 10
Original post by TheMan100
Go on this diet: http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Eat/Articles/Pack-On-Weight-For-Less-Than-10-A-Day

You will put weight on, I guarantee it. If that seems a bit extreme, then calculate your calorie maintenance online using one of the many sites available and plus 800 calories to it and strive to achieve this on a daily basis. If you're not strict with your meals, you won't put weight on.

Source: Used to be in a similar position.

Thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by Optimum_
Don't go down that route, you HAVE to eat more regularly. Don't rely on 3 meals a day, it's not enough if you want to gain weight.

Try to eat several meals a day, maybe 4 or 5 and in between, eat some snacks. I'm not saying don't have a McDonald's every once in a while, but the key to gaining weight is to eat more.

The truth is, most skinny people just don't eat enough. You probably think you do, but you don't (sorry if it sounds harsh but that's the truth).

Oh I see, I'll try to eat more often and don't worry it wasn't harsh at all.
Reply 12
It's likely that you're naturally skinny which is perfectly fine. (Even if some idiots say it's not). As long as you are eating healthy, please don't stress about your weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FayeLDN
I'm 5'3, i'm not sure about my current weight. :frown:

I used to be in your exact same position wishing I was bigger and I hated being so skinny. I used to force myself to go to McDonald's everyday. Now, I don't give a ****. I know it's easy to say, but just be confident in yourself , that's far more attractive then gaining weight ! Plus everyone these days want to be skinny , you'll be thankful when your older , plus we can eat whatever we like ...being naturally thin is great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest