The Student Room Group

Help with choosing Politics/History/IR Courses for 2016

Hello all,

I was hoping that some helpful people on this forum who are better informed than me could help me choose both the best course type and universities for 2016 entry. I applied last year but for the wrong subject, and so am doing so again this year. My A-level results are: A* (History, English), A (German, Music).

I think that the courses I would most enjoy are likely to be politics-based, though politics joint courses appeal to me. I am edging towards applying for either Politics & History or Politics & International Relations. Does anyone with any relevant experience/knowledge have any advice on this subject? Finally, can anyone recommend any particular universities for these subjects?

Thank you very much in advance.
Reply 1
I am studying diplomacy and IR at london metropolitan university.
It's an interesting degree (so is politics and IR). Mainly focusing on the new directions that our globalising world is taking, the changes in the interstate system and the shifting of global power. Also we look at politics and foreign affairs and assess certain events and government actions worldwide. The subjects that are related to IR are all very interesting and definitely open up a large number of opportunities for employment in various fields.
Original post by wiltonbello
Hello all,

I was hoping that some helpful people on this forum who are better informed than me could help me choose both the best course type and universities for 2016 entry. I applied last year but for the wrong subject, and so am doing so again this year. My A-level results are: A* (History, English), A (German, Music).

I think that the courses I would most enjoy are likely to be politics-based, though politics joint courses appeal to me. I am edging towards applying for either Politics & History or Politics & International Relations. Does anyone with any relevant experience/knowledge have any advice on this subject? Finally, can anyone recommend any particular universities for these subjects?

For IR LSE and St Andrews are considered two of the best but do look at the modules they offer to see if they match your interests.
Reply 3
Original post by wiltonbello
Hello all,

Look at European Social and Political Studies at UCL. Incredible degree; have the opportunity to study a plethora of social sciences and political sciences as well as languages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending