The Student Room Group

Would girls be put off me because all my friends are girls?

I hang out with a big group of girls as my friendship being the only man in the group, I get the piss taken out of me by other guys but I don't really care. I find most men are very disrespectful and boring to talk to so I don't have many male friends. Thing is people assume I get a lot of girls asking me out because of all the female attention around me.

But I'm actually a very shy person outside this group and would never go up to a girl I liked myself. I thought about using my friends to chat up girls for me, would girls actually do that? chat up girls for male friends?

I want a girlfriend to have a serious relationship with but I feel they might be put off because of who hang out with might be a bit jealous that my best mates are girls. I have them sleeping over at mine too on nights out which I don't want to stop those friendships.

I just want some advice really.

Scroll to see replies

To be honest if a girl came up to me and said that her guy friend liked me, I'd think it was quite sweet.

I think overall it would just depend on the girl. Some girls may be the jealous type and think that because there are a lot of girls you are friends with you may be likely to cheat or they'll think that one of them likes you as more than a friend, but they'll also be girls who are fine with it. It'll just depend. I don't think I'd be put off by it and I don't think it'd stop you from finding a relationship :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I think it would depend on the girl :smile: Some really won't care, and may even really like the idea of being friends with your friends as they are girls.

However I get the feeling some girls may also be jealous. Only one way to tell...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol to some extent maybe but most of the time I not mind
It'd depend on the person
But it wouldn't be hard for them to get jealous at times, especially if the girls are sleeping over yours
I suppose as long as you let her know what you're up to if it's something like a sleepover then I think she'd be fine.
One easy way to avoid jealousy is perhaps inviting her to some get togethers with your friends, so she doesn't suspect anything suspicious. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I hang out with a big group of girls as my friendship being the only man in the group, I get the piss taken out of me by other guys but I don't really care. I find most men are very disrespectful and boring to talk to so I don't have many male friends. Thing is people assume I get a lot of girls asking me out because of all the female attention around me.

But I'm actually a very shy person outside this group and would never go up to a girl I liked myself. I thought about using my friends to chat up girls for me, would girls actually do that? chat up girls for male friends?

I want a girlfriend to have a serious relationship with but I feel they might be put off because of who hang out with might be a bit jealous that my best mates are girls. I have them sleeping over at mine too on nights out which I don't want to stop those friendships.

I think I'd be put off by one of your friends approaching me more than anything. As someone who has spoken to a guy first, it would make me wonder why you couldn't approach me yourself. Confidence is attractive and approaching people yourself is part of that.

Also, I don't think I know any girls that would be okay with you having your girl friends sleeping at yours, I think a lot of people would get jealous
Reply 6
To be honest, the fact that you've said guys are disrespectful etc shows that you've thought about the rudeness women experience and that shows a great caring quality, and also that you're quite intelligent too. That's attractive;

As for the sleepover, I can completely understand. It will be a put off for some, but then again that shows it's not meant to be, you need someone who can bring you out of your comfort zone a little since your shy but is trusting and not judgemental of your female friends.

You just need to make sure that it's not every other night this is happening, and that you go out with her and her friends alone too so that she feels special and valued, something as simple as playing some silly game can be great for laughs and memories.

Hope it helps :smile:
I think it depends massively on the kind of relationship you have with these girls. If it's the huggy, kissy type I believe potential girlfriends will be extremely put off.

I'm not even going to go into the sleepovers thing. If I had guys sleep over at mine, nevermind regularly, my partner would dump me so fast my head would be spinning.
Reply 8
Your best bet is a quasi lesbian type who wants a feminine guy but don't expect anything attractive. From what you've said there's very little about you that resembles a man so you're going to struggle to make it anywhere past the friend stage at best.
Reply 9
Two different questions here..

1) Will girls be put off by you having female friends - Exactly the opposite, women have a herd mentality meaning that men surrounded by their fellow women are perceived to be more attractive

2) Will girls like other women approaching - Probably not. Be a man, approach and take what you desire. Women like confidence.
I wouldn't be put off at all. I'd think it was a good thing that you have lots of female friends.
Lol how old are you? And how the hell did you end up with all your friends being girls? In secondary? College? Are you in an all girls uni hall?? TELL ME YOUR SECTET SON!
Reply 12
Guys think you're gay. End of story.

Depends on if the new GF is friends with the girls (or can be) its okay if a guy has female friends who I'm friends with but the moment he's off with someone who I don't like then that breaks all trust. Try to get some male friends in a woman's eyes it is far more attractive than being surrounded by girls and it makes us know you can connect to guys. Sleep overs with other girls without the GF is also a big no no
Original post by Rakas21
Two different questions here..

1) Will girls be put off by you having female friends - Exactly the opposite, women have a herd mentality meaning that men surrounded by their fellow women are perceived to be more attractive

Not if they're only around him because they find him so sexually nonthreatening.
Original post by Jebedee
Not if they're only around him because they find him so sexually nonthreatening.

That's only a problem once they get to know him. In terms of initial attraction it should be a plus.

They may be put off as they don't know your single and yes girl friends will do that for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's fine as long as she can see your trustworthy and that you are not flirting or hanging out with the other girls as much as you are her. And also I personally would find it really hard if you had girls sleeping over especially at the beginning of a relationship but that's just me :smile:
Thanks these comments have been very helpful.

I'm glad girls on here aren't put off, I feel much more comfortable knowing this. Its hard to explain but I find easier to have a conversation with a woman but there is always that thought of them not taking me seriously or her thinking of me in the wrong way that prevents me from approaching.

Lol how old are you? And how the hell did you end up with all your friends being girls? In secondary? College? Are you in an all girls uni hall?? TELL ME YOUR SECTET SON!

24 and from a few years ago when I moved in halls with few of friends and meet people in halls, course and their friends became my friends too and vice versa.
Reply 19
Generally speaking guys who have more/exclusively female friends tend to be camp and really feminine so if you find a girl who likes a really feminine guy then yes otherwise no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending