The Student Room Group

I want this post deleted.

I want this deleted.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RandomStudent420
I was thinking about applying to imperial for biotechnology. The entry requirements are AAA and imperial is a hard university to get into in the first place.None the less, I think I could achieve AAA in A2, but it really doesn't matter what I think because at the end of the day it's what they think about my AS grades and predicted grades.

My AS grades are terrible for imperial: BCD, so I'm obviously doing some resits. My problem is that I wouldn't be so upset about applying to this particular university if I hadn't

A)Met one of the professors at this university, had a 2 hour discussion with them about neuroscience and quantum mechanics.

B)This particular professor ended up giving me a work experience placement there in one of his labs.

I was initially thinking about applying there for biomedical sciences, but frankly I'm too lazy to do the BMAT.

I got 6As1A* and 3bs at GCSE with a B in additional maths (FSMQ).

Yeah, overall I'm a poor candidate. I just don't want to disappoint the professor I made friends with because I told him I wanted to apply.

You could do the resits and work hard on your A2 exams and then apply to Imperial with achieved grades? It does necessitate a gap year but at least you'd get to apply. :smile:
Reply 2
Don't bother.
Original post by ubisoft
Don't bother.

Agreed.

LMAO.
Original post by Hydeman
You could do the resits and work hard on your A2 exams and then apply to Imperial with achieved grades? It does necessitate a gap year but at least you'd get to apply. :smile:

It's possible that way. But I don't want to waste a year of my life. Aaah, well I don't mind.I guess I'm upsetting the professor XDD
It's possible that way. But I don't want to waste a year of my life. Aaah, well I don't mind.I guess I'm upsetting the professor XDD

Depends what you do with the year. If you get a job and earn some money that will help you to afford to live in London should you get in, it won't have been a waste at all.
Original post by Hydeman
Depends what you do with the year. If you get a job and earn some money that will help you to afford to live in London should you get in, it won't have been a waste at all.

What if I take a gap year, apply and get rejected?

I don't want to waste a year of my life focusing on one university
What if I take a gap year, apply and get rejected?

I don't want to waste a year of my life focusing on one university

Alright.
Reply 8
Agreed.

LMAO.

wrong attitude dude.

if you want to get in, do resits in your modules and take the bmat, make it your mission to get into imperial, do everything you can to be better than anyone else, because thats how successful people think and act.

look for someone that you admire in the field you want to go into. make it your goal to be them after you graduate from university

and dont worry that you'll miss a year because of the gap year, put alternatives on your ucas that you would actually enjoy and do well at, at the end of the day you will only be improving your prospects with the resits during that year, and anyway, 1 year is tiny in the grand scheme of things
Original post by a_shabba
wrong attitude dude.

if you want to get in, do resits in your modules and take the bmat, make it your mission to get into imperial, do everything you can to be better than anyone else, because thats how successful people think and act.

look for someone that you admire in the field you want to go into. make it your goal to be them after you graduate from university

and dont worry that you'll miss a year because of the gap year, put alternatives on your ucas that you would actually enjoy and do well at, at the end of the day you will only be improving your prospects with the resits during that year, and anyway, 1 year is tiny in the grand scheme of things

I don't want to do the BMAT because it will be really expensive and stressful because I'm working on my resits everyday :/ I'm just under a lot of stress
Reply 10
Original post by a_shabba
wrong attitude dude.

Stop giving him bad advice. Imperial hike the offer up for resits students, that's if you get an offer in the first place.
lmao wow what a significant thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending