The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I considered both universites when I was interested in applying to study in the USA but eventually scrapped the idea for various reasons.

UPenn and Brown were actually two of my favourite Ivy League unversities.

Out of those two, I'd pick UPenn because it looked better in terms of social aspects (I view them on a level playing field academically).
If you are looking at just going for summer school, you might want to consider Penn because of its location. Philadelphia is a great city with a lot of history, especially if you want to sight see, learn more about US history, etc. Both will probably have great academic programs.
Thanks both of you =)
Reply 4
would these summer schools actually make a difference to your uni applications?
because for example, if it is the LBW summer camp at UPenn Wharton, then it actually increases your chances of getting in if you apply there for college.
Summer schools at US universities doe not impact your future admission. So don't choose one over the other for that reason alone.

Philadelphia is a cool little city, and it's close enough to NYC (2 hours by train) and Washington DC (about 2 1/2 hours by train), and the Jersey shore which has fun little beach towns (20-40 min by train depending on which beach). I have heard Rhode Island is nice as well, but have never been. So if I were you, I'd do research on the locations and pick the one you like more. They're both great universities so I'm sure their summer schools are equally good.

I do understand the fact that getting into a college's summer school does not equal to getting into the actual college itself.

Thanks anyway =)
Reply 7
Although, if u're really interested in business or finance, Wharton might be the better choice for u... but yea, bascially they're both awesome

Latest

Trending

Trending