The Student Room Group

is my (platonic) relationship over? She's not replying to my texts! =(

I've not seen one of my friends in OVER 3 MONTHS... =(

I've texted her a few times, I've only received three texts from her.

One was to tell me that she changed her phone and she lost all of her contacts This was a over a month since I sent her a birthday card and a toy. She texted me once after that text.

I texted her to ask her about us seeing a film I got no reply. I texted her a week later telling her that I missed her, I got a reply telling me that she would be away for two weeks so she couldn' see the film with me, I told her that I hoped to see her I didn't get a reply.

I texted her to the friendship day to tel her that I had things to give to her ad that I was grateful to have her in my life I didn't get a reply.

The last time I texted her was on the 6th I didn't get a reply. Have I lost her?

Before anyone says that she could be busy I don't believe that you can be so busy that you can't text your friend, there are not any valid excuse that ca be used to explain why you can't text your friend. When she texts me I reply right away.

Scroll to see replies

She might not want to be your friend anymore
I dont know why though but friendships come to an end :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Perhaps she's gotten a boyfriend and feels it's odd to be close to her male friends?
Reply 3
Sounds like she just isn't bothered about talking to you now. I've gone through it with quite a few friends. It's not a friendship if only one of you is making the effort to talk.

Leave her be now. If she really is a friend and cares about having you around she will get back in touch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ever thought about talking in person? It is sad and creepy to text all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FatimaHere
Perhaps she's gotten a boyfriend and feels it's odd to be close to her male friends?

No She has a girlfriend. I'm friends with her girlfriend too. She spent my birthday with me going bowling which was over 3 months ago
Original post by MylittlePlusle
No She has a girlfriend. I'm friends with her girlfriend too. She spent my birthday with me going bowling which was over 3 months ago

Oops sorry for assuming
Hmmmmm I'm honestly not sure then if you're close to her girlfriend and she's fine with it
Sorry dude :/ Friendships are rarely permanent :/
Good things don't last forever someday they' re got to end. Depend on nobody
I have relationships like that. She's probably busy and assumes you are too.
Original post by sandvika
Ever thought about talking in person? It is sad and creepy to text all the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I told text her I won't be able to contact her.
Reply 10
Put bluntly: yeah she's gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
To be honest those texts you sent seriously sound like you have a massive crush on her, kinda desperately to (what with the repeats of I miss you, I want to see you ect) and the cold truth is if as a girl we think someone who we don't like likes us...well we either break it to them gently or simply fade into the silence in the desperate hope this wont hurt them at all and they'll move on with their life....I would be lying if I didn't say this is my honest opinion of what's happened xxx Also, neediness is the fastest way to drive a girl from your life- I know you've sent all the texts several months apart but you're saying the wrong stuff, by basically begging her to be your friend again, well Id get annoyed at that, but she's ontop. You need I confront her, say look are we friends anymore or not? and if he doesn't reply then take the hint, delete her from your life so she can't hurt you anymore and move on xxx Im sorry if this was brutal but it's the truth xx
Original post by TiljF
To be honest those texts you sent seriously sound like you have a massive crush on her, kinda desperately to (what with the repeats of I miss you, I want to see you ect) and the cold truth is if as a girl we think someone who we don't like likes us...well we either break it to them gently or simply fade into the silence in the desperate hope this wont hurt them at all and they'll move on with their life....I would be lying if I didn't say this is my honest opinion of what's happened xxx Also, neediness is the fastest way to drive a girl from your life- I know you've sent all the texts several months apart but you're saying the wrong stuff, by basically begging her to be your friend again, well Id get annoyed at that, but she's ontop. You need I confront her, say look are we friends anymore or not? and if he doesn't reply then take the hint, delete her from your life so she can't hurt you anymore and move on xxx Im sorry if this was brutal but it's the truth xx

I don't have a crush on her I did but when I found out that she was a lesbian it changed to intense deep platonic love for her Can't friends tel each other that they miss each other? I miss her A LOT.. All I want to go is hug her again... I don't want to confront her.. I don't like the idea of asking her f we're still friends She means a lot to me I have a lot of love for her... =(
Reply 13
talk to her in person to see why she's avoiding and from there u'll know if ur friendship is over
I've not seen one of my friends in OVER 3 MONTHS... =(

If it helps this sorta thing just happens.

Almost everyone has had a friend just sorta drift away, due to circumstances or choice.

Like your story I had a "best friend" whom one day just sorta decided (for whatever reasons) not to engage with me any more.

I would send the odd text, asking if he wanted to hang out, no joy. He had always been the sort of guy who could "disappear" for even months some times so for a while I didn't think too much of it.

I still remember being in town, being near his place so deciding to send a text asking if he wanted to hang out, again nothing.

That was my last attempt at communication, after that I took the hint and didn't send any more texts.

I won't lie, every once in a while he pops into my head, we were best buds for years, our formative years. Mostly I just wonder what it was that put him off the friendship.

Meh, like I said it happens, and chances are you have plenty of other people in your life.

I wouldn't have said I missed them, and likewise I'd never push them for an explanation or whatever, I just accept the fact their role in my life is over (at least for then) and get on with things.
Maybe you friend will turn back up in your life, in some form, if not then oh well.

Try and move past it and don't let it effect your other friendships (current and future). People come and go.
I've bad something similar recently, a girl I'd been friends with for years obviously decided she was too good for me now that she has new friends. She tells me she's busy or doesn't contact at all.
I realised that I had to cut her out and stop making an effort, if people care about you, they'll make the effort themselves.

If this has happened on multiple occasions, it sounds like she's not too bothered about maintaining a friendship. In that case, it's her loss for losing someone who cares
If I cut her out of my life then I've lost two of the most important people in my life =(
I would also lose my main source of physical contact too. =(
I wouldn't be able to have a double date with them if/when I find someone and they won't be able to come to my wedding if I get married..
They wouldn't be able to be the godmothers of my child.. =(
My love letter I have for them is going to be unfinished ad pointless =(
If I cut her out of my life then I've lost two of the most important people in my life =(
I would also lose my main source of physical contact too. =(
I wouldn't be able to have a double date with them if/when I find someone and they won't be able to come to my wedding if I get married..
They wouldn't be able to be the godmothers of my child.. =(
My love letter I have for them is going to be unfinished ad pointless =(

You have got to be ****ing kidding.
Original post by TwinnyP
You have got to be ****ing kidding.

No I only hug three people.

I've hugged my two beautiful and special friends in total over 20 ties I love their hugs s much they make me feel warm fuzzy and loved.

I've hugged them 9 times this year

I decided a few months ago that they would be the godmothers of my children if I was to ever produce offspring

I ased one of my friends on my birthday if we could go on a double date she said "Sure"
I was planning on giving both of them a two paged hand written love letter to tell them how important they are to me and how grateful I a to have the in my life.
No I only hug three people.

I've hugged my two beautiful and special friends in total over 20 ties I love their hugs s much they make me feel warm fuzzy and loved.

I've hugged them 9 times this year

I decided a few months ago that they would be the godmothers of my children if I was to ever produce offspring

I ased one of my friends on my birthday if we could go on a double date she said "Sure"
I was planning on giving both of them a two paged hand written love letter to tell them how important they are to me and how grateful I a to have the in my life.

The fact your counting hugs shows you have an emotional issue.

Also between the ages of 16 and your late 20's, you are going to have alot of temporary people in your life. People drift in and out at various stages, whether that be study, work, friends or a relationship.

Unfortunately, these 2 girls are some of those temporary people. It's time to move on.