The Student Room Group

What do you want from a relationship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by kickboxer 98
most people have some fat, i know i deffo do

Not too much fat. Go gym.
someone I find attractive, that I feel comfortable around (nothing worse than when you're dating someone and you feel like you need to act different than you would around friends), someone loyal and caring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawn94
and reasons why plus your age :]

Babies
Equality - I believe both parties should contribute to and benefit from the relationship equally, one person shouldn't be left to do everything.
Romance - Both parties should feel loved and cared for.
Security - If one person loses their job or becomes injured, the other person should stand by them.
Fun - We should be able to enjoy each other's company, laugh and do stuff together.
Drive - We should both try to build a better future for ourselves and any children we may have.
Reply 24
Original post by 雷尼克
Oh my

Original post by tumbleeboo
Cringe:s-smilie:

And he hasn't spoken of mammary glands and furbabies yet.
Respect and honesty now more than anything. But someone I'm attracted to and can talk to/spend time with

I'm 20
10p.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
x

Original post by bumblebee342
x

And I thought bees were dying out ...
I want someone who can do the shopping and housework (I'm 16)- this isn't chauvinistic, it's just that I'll genuinely die within a week if I have to look after myself when I go to uni.
Similar life goals and plans for the future.
I'm 23. I'm already in a long term relationship. But before I began dating my boyfriend I wanted simple things like respect, understanding and loyalty.

I don't have time for nonsense.
Obviously marriage and children. :smile:
1. An emotional connection in which there are no boundaries: I want us to always open up to each other and speak the truth about how we are feeling.

2. Reliability: If I'm sad or scared at 3 AM I want to be able to turn up at his door step in tears knowing that he will comfort me (vice-versa)

3. Intellectual stimulation: I love learning and understanding things and it would be fabulous if I found another individual with an interest in Science/Mathematics or the Arts so that he can educate me

4. Spontaneity: I like excitement in my life
Honesty, Commitment, Support, Love, Wit, Conversational Interest and a mutual understanding.

As well as strolls through the park, restaurant nights and late night movie cuddles.

I'm 18 and I do hold a certain someone in my thoughts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Somebody I can talk to at any time, day or night. But also be comfortable in silence with. Nothing worse than an awkward atmosphere.

Somebody who I feel an attraction to, both physically and mentally. I don't want somebody who looks good but has the personality of a teaspoon.

Somebody who wants to do things, just hop in the car, go for a meal, go out for the day, even go for a random drive. And stuff like booking random trips around the country and abroad.

Somebody who sometimes wants a lazy day in bed watching films and eating crappy food, while cuddling.

Just somebody to have fun with, really :lol:
I guess I would want someone that I could mess around with and who didn't take things too seriously. Also someone thats not too mushy but is still a bit romantic at times

i'm 16
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I want cuddles, a lot of them and kisses too I would prefer to be given forehead and cheek kisses. I would want someone to play with too like playing tag.. I would want someone who I have common interests with and someone who is clingy
I am 22.

Asked my Ex what they thought...
They said "too much"
Original post by Arkarian
Asked my Ex what they thought...
They said "too much"

I want to be drowned and buried by someone's affection.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
I want to be drowned and buried by someone's affection.

Seems the world lacks non capitalist girls...
Hmm, let's see what do I like in the relationship I have now:

1. Being able to talk for hours on end and it's all fun and laughs
2. Experimental and nurturing in nature
3. Selfless
4. Open to talking about what they like and don't like
5. Shares anything and everything

Other good things:
6. Good looking --> Makes other guys jealous when we go out
7. Nice voice
8. Knows what they want in bed.

Quick Reply

Latest