The Student Room Group

Should I shave my arms??

I only discovered recently that girls shave their arms and its made me feel really self conscious about my arms. How do guys see it? Do guys care? Do other girls judge you? Is it the same as shaving your legs?

These are my arms; deleted cause someone is about to bump this

okay thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bluemadhatter
I only discovered recently that girls shave their arms and its made me feel really self conscious about my arms. How do guys see it? Do guys care? Do other girls judge you? Is it the same as shaving your legs?

These are my arms; http://prntscr.com/8awzyp

okay thanks.

For the love of god yes! (Btw your arm is not that hairy compared to other girls)
Doesn't really bother me tbh
Do what makes you comfortable. Yours don't really bother me tbh
I think it's ridiculous.
I've seen hairier arms on girls and some of my friends have ghe same as you.

Tbh, can you really be bothered? Assuming you shave your legs, that's already such a hassle. Also, if you have dark hairs, it may look really weird if you suddenly go from your normal arms to bald arms and it will be noticeable that you don't just have fair coloured hair.

There's also the matter of stubble growing on your arms.

Personally, I would never shave my arms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay thanks.

If you feel uncomfortable about them, shave them; but if you only feel like shaving them because you are being made fun of or you feel that everyone else is, don't shave them :smile:

I don't shave anything at all (don't worry; I don't actually have any pit hair, that's why I don't shave there :smile:) - I have had a couple of comments from classmates about my 'hairy' legs, but I can't be bothered to shave them as I don't have much leg hair and I don't actually want to shave; the only reason my legs are seen as 'hairy' is because, despite me having little leg hair, I don't actually shave my legs whereas other girls do.

In other words, shave them if YOU want to, but never do it just because you feel like everyone else is shaving their arms :tongue:
WP_20150831_003.jpg

I've got worse... Yes I know I'm a guy but still, I feel kinda self conscious.
I am considering laser hair removal to thin out my arm/leg hair in the next few years...
Its a personal decision, however, in all honesty I do feel that men usually expect girls to have not-so-noticeable body hair. I usually wax ( my hair is white so I do not wax my arms). At the end of the day, the decision should be made based on how you feel.
I recently learned about shaving arms and I think it's a waste of time
My arms are pretty much exactly the same as yours (quite dark hair) and I really don't care what people think - humans have hair pretty much everywhere it's fact
Also the regrowth of the hair would be much more hassle than just leaving your arms as they are
Ultimately it's your decision but personally I think there's no reason to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never shave my arms, no one notices.
I wouldn't shave thick dark arm hair unless you want arm stubble. Wax it or use Veet if you want to get rid of it. You could just bleach it so it's not as noticeable.
I know a girl who shaved her arms and now it grows back prickly like her leg hairs *ew*
Reply 13
I don't understand the logic of girls shaving their legs but not their arms. Surely it makes sense to do either both or neither?

Either that or do just one side (left arm and leg, right arm and leg, or a non-matching pair - left arm/right leg or right arm/left leg).
I have natural thick black hair on my head and my body.
When I was a kid around 13 years old I was really conscious and would shave my arms, people say it grows back worse but it doesn't.

I stopped shaving my arms about 5 years ago and let them grow out, if anything the hair seems thinner.

Now I opt for hair lightening cream which makes them unnoticeable on my skin.

Do what ever you are comfortable with, if you like the hair on your arms keep it. If it bothers you there are lots of ways to remove or disguise :smile:

okay thanks.

Well, I'm a guy, and my head is the only place where I have hair.

It's totally fine. If anything, it makes life easier.
Original post by CinnamonTan
I have natural thick black hair on my head and my body.
When I was a kid around 13 years old I was really conscious and would shave my arms, people say it grows back worse but it doesn't.

I stopped shaving my arms about 5 years ago and let them grow out, if anything the hair seems thinner.

Now I opt for hair lightening cream which makes them unnoticeable on my skin.

Do what ever you are comfortable with, if you like the hair on your arms keep it. If it bothers you there are lots of ways to remove or disguise :smile:

what kind of hair lightening cream do you use?

Original post by Indeterminate
Well, I'm a guy, and my head is the only place where I have hair.

It's totally fine. If anything, it makes life easier.

well aren't u lucky
I use this one from superdrug.

http://www.superdrug.com/Jolen/Jolen-Cream-Bleach-30ml/p/186122?gclid=CI6qv-LZ1scCFSsEwwodRLEBEw&gclsrc=aw.ds#.VeYOG_lViko

Safe to use all over your body for unwanted hair. I have used this on my face and back too.

well aren't u lucky

Not really. Having a full body wax is painful...
Original post by Indeterminate
Not really. Having a full body wax is painful...

ohhhh i thought u meant u were born without it xD

Quick Reply

Latest