Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ucas Extra for pharmacy

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, after my rejections from medicine i have been looking at other courses in a similar field and came across pharamcy...just wondering does pharamcy ever come up in UCAS extra or clearing??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think so however the uni's won't be very prestigious - ones like hertfordshire/sunderland maybe central lancs but I don't know for definate. I know someone who got into sunderland a few years back through clearing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There can be some pretty good stuff in Extra if you get in early, but what's there from year to year will obviously vary as applications for different subjects change year on year. Wait and see what's available when Extra places are published (I think it's towards the end of March, but I'm not 100% sure).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I know someone who actually did get into Manchester and Nottingham for Pharmacy after the results were published but eventually declined the offers to take a gap year and reapply for Medicine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks guys for your help!! Feel lil bit better!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    There can be some pretty good stuff in Extra if you get in early, but what's there from year to year will obviously vary as applications for different subjects change year on year. Wait and see what's available when Extra places are published (I think it's towards the end of March, but I'm not 100% sure).
    Mid-march around the 14th I think.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm probably gonna get people shouting at me for this but.... medicine is nothing like pharmacy, yes they are similar but its a totally different career, some of the course may also be different. Where medicine focuses on anatomy, physiology etc, pharmacy focuses on chemistry and drugs etc. There is slight overlap though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone that went to LJMU to do pharmacy through clearing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harp)
    Hi, after my rejections from medicine i have been looking at other courses in a similar field and came across pharamcy...just wondering does pharamcy ever come up in UCAS extra or clearing??
    If you get the grades at A-Level I strongly advise you take a gap year and re-apply. Pharmacy is a good degree but it is nothing like medicine and the similarities are very small. In all honesty if your heart really is set on Medicine, you will NEVER be happy studying Pharmacy and you will always view it as 2nd best and will never give it your 100% focus and attention. Pharmacy is a tough degree course and you'll struggle on it without giving it your full commitment.

Don't think about alternative courses until you've exhausted every last option.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 27, 2007
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.