The Student Room Group

Should I take spanish A level??

Hiya
I have my enrolment this week to finalise my subjects for my A-Levels. I am debating whether to take Spanish as an A Level or not. In GCSE I found the verbs and tenses the hardest thing to do, and A Level goes into that in alot more depth.
If you take Spanish or have taken it what do you think of the course and do you think I should take it?
Thank you :smile:
If you haven't got to grips with verbs and tenses by now then I'd probably advise you not to do it.
Original post by xianpelaez
Hiya
I have my enrolment this week to finalise my subjects for my A-Levels. I am debating whether to take Spanish as an A Level or not. In GCSE I found the verbs and tenses the hardest thing to do, and A Level goes into that in alot more depth.
If you take Spanish or have taken it what do you think of the course and do you think I should take it?
Thank you :smile:

What other subjects are you doing?
And what do you want to do after a-levels?
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
What other subjects are you doing?
And what do you want to do after a-levels?

English, Media and Sociology. After A-Levels I want to do a journalism degree as I want to be a TV journalist when i'm older. I'm half spanish so I can get the help, but I don't know if I will like it.
Original post by xianpelaez
English, Media and Sociology. After A-Levels I want to do a journalism degree as I want to be a TV journalist when i'm older. I'm half spanish so I can get the help, but I don't know if I will like it.

Spanish might be useful for journalism. Either way, a language looks good.
You could always take it and them drop it at some point if you really struggle or dont like it.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
Spanish might be useful for journalism. Either way, a language looks good.
You could always take it and them drop it at some point if you really struggle or dont like it.

Yeah it would look good, thank you :smile:
Have you picked Spanish finally?

If you did, you may be interested in myspanishexam.com

Speaking practice, essay feedback and resources are available there.

Enjoy first days of Sixth Form!

myspanishexam

Quick Reply

Latest