The Student Room Group

M1 or D1 for maths

Basically I got an E for my M1 :tongue: test (A and B in core 2 and 1 if that makes a difference) and wanted to know if doing D1 would be any easier that resitting, I don't mind that much either way but I was told that D1 maybe easier/more useful for computing students, do you think D1 would be of any advantage to me?
If you want to do computing at uni, D1 in your Maths A Level will help (but is not compulsory)
I personally hated D1, but for computing students it's probably more beneficial, and some people just 'get' D1... It's strange. Give it a try !
D1 -- it's so easy.
I'm a computing student but D1 was my least favourite module. I was personally better at mechanics.

Whilst some parts of D1 are somewhat applicable to computing, it really doesn't make much difference. I'd only recommend trying it because it may come more naturally to you than M1 and to be honest the grade you get is all that matters at this point.
Reply 5
The first time I did M1 I got a U, I did D1 as part of my a2 it's basically following a set of instructions if you get it then you're fine and you will do well.
For my M1 retake I worked a whole lot harder than I did for D1. I ended up coming out with an A in D1 and B in M1.
Personally I would recommend D1 as I found it a lot easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Mpagtches
D1 -- it's so easy.

Easy, but no easier than M1.
I agree wit masked freak I didnt get d1 at first and got 77/100 while I got 99/100 in M1 so it depends on person to person. But if you think that m1 is not for you then give it up and take d1. I worked bloody hard the entire year for d1 but got the mark above then when I resist the module after a year I got 93. I found a way to avoid careless mistakes in d1. And if you are prone to making careless mistakes (like me) then I advise you not to take it.
Reply 8
Thanks for all your replys, I'll try to sort out doing D1 instead of M1.

Quick Reply

Latest