The Student Room Group

White girls: what's your daily clothing routine?

I'm Asian so i don't know what's normal. I'm going to uni soon and don't want to be considered dirty...

My routine:

- Wake up in comfortable clothes like joggers and T shirts.

- Get changed into some jeans and a different top because i'm going out

- Come home and have a shower so now I wear different comfortable clothes.

- Sleep in those comfortable clothes

Repeat

--------------------------------

Also, is it acceptable to wear your comfortable tops (that you wear at home usually) outside when you go out with friends?

OR you NEVER wear your 'stay-at-home' tops outside?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Asian so i don't know what's normal. I'm going to uni soon and don't want to be considered dirty...

My routine:

Repeat

Also, is it acceptable to wear your comfortable tops (that you wear at home usually) outside when you go out with friends?

Looool :laugh:

My routine:

Repeat

I'm half white so I suppose my routine is only half valid :colondollar:

My routine:
- Wake up in pyjamas which are usually either shorts and a top or just a large top
- Go to bathroom, brush teeth and wash face- if I didn't shower the night before I'll shower then
- Change into either clothes for lounging at home or going out things if I plan to go out
- Change clothes before bed regardless of what I was wearing for my lounging clothes
Repeat :smile:

---------------------
I suppose it is entirely dependent upon the condition that those clothes are in:
Do they have any stains? Does it smell? Is it ripped for some reason? Super baggy in all the wrong places like when you have those joggers that get all funky at the knees? D:

If it's in a presentable condition then yeah, sure why not
So long as it's not a top that you've worn like 4 days in a row at home then decide to go out in it
(not saying you'd do this but was just giving an example)

Hope I half helped :colondollar:
Reply 3
I'm half white so I suppose my routine is only half valid :colondollar:My routine:- Wake up in pyjamas which are usually either shorts and a top or just a large top- Go to bathroom, brush teeth and wash face- if I didn't shower the night before I'll shower then- Change into either clothes for lounging at home or going out things if I plan to go out- Change clothes before bed regardless of what I was wearing for my lounging clothes Repeat :smile:---------------------I suppose it is entirely dependent upon the condition that those clothes are in:biggrin:o they have any stains? Does it smell? Is it ripped for some reason? Super baggy in all the wrong places like when you have those joggers that get all funky at the knees? D:If it's in a presentable condition then yeah, sure why notSo long as it's not a top that you've worn like 4 days in a row at home then decide to go out in it(not saying you'd do this but was just giving an example)Hope I half helped :colondollar:

Thank you! Yes this helped a lot
If I'm not going out I just spend the day in my PJs or comfy clothes like joggers/tee shirt too.

Then it depends where I'm going if I go out. If just going to the shops or something I might just wear joggers and a hoodie, or jeans and a hoodie etc. Uni would be similar, usually just jeans and tee/hoodie. If I'm seeing friends or something I'll put in some effort and wear a dress/skirt and nice top or whatever.

When I get home, straight back into comfy clothes/PJs.

I usually have designated tops that I'll either just wear at home or just wear to go out. But I don't think it matters if you wear the same tops outside and at home.
I'm half white so I suppose my routine is only half valid :colondollar:

Hope I half helped :colondollar:

I'm Asian so i don't know what's normal.

Why does being white qualify you for a 'valid daily clothing routine'?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
OP no one will bully you at uni for being fresh or anything if that's what you're worried about.
Im quarter white so I guess youre not really asking for my response but I consider my routine to be perfectly fine. Not entirely sure why the OP is only asking for white girls to respond, I'm going to break some rules.

I wake up in my pyjamas which are either shorts/crops and a long sleeved top or a baby grow. I have a shower straight afterwards and brush my teeth etc, I always have to have a shower in the morning then I get changed into my "home clothes" if I'm staying at home and want to be comfortable or if Im going out.. (Depends where) but usually just a jump/playsuit/skirts/dungarees if seeing friends or jeans/shorts and T-shirt if going to the shops . I personally never wear my home clothes out of the house bc it just wouldn't be particularly fitting. Especially bc mine consist of stuff like hoodies/leggings/oversized tops etc. When I get back home from wherever I change into a new set of home clothes then at about 8pm I change into my pyjamas. I wouldn't ever wear the clothes Ive worn throughout the day to bed.

Really, wear what you're comfortable in. No one will consider you dirty for wearing jogging pants to the supermarket, lmao. I wear sweatshirts outside that are considered indoor clothes on certain days. So long as you're presentable and aren't going outside in Barbie pyjamas, you will be fine.

Also, white girls aren't the only people with a sense of fashion, OP. I think a more inclusive title would be "girls from the UK." The idea that fashion rules are based off what white girls wear is racist and really exclusive of other British ethnicities.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending