The Student Room Group

Can I do medicine with English Literature, Chemistry, Biology and History A-Levels?

ty
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chutiya
I am about to start my A-Level's this September. I am doing all exams at the end of what would have otherwise been the A2 year.I want to be a doctor but I only got 7A* and 3A's at a very competitive school where my grades are just about average.....I achieved A* grades in English Literature, Biology and History but only an A in Chemistry, will this limit my options for potential medical schools?Has anybody else got into med school without Maths at A-Level?Would anybody who has taken these subjects have some advice for me?Does this grouping work well for A-Levels or does it give me too much work or too big a syllabus?Thank you a lot for your help and sorry for asking for all these questions, I hope to be able to contribute when I have hopefully become a med student.

You have chemistry and another science/maths subject so you should be fine. Maths isn't a compulsory subject for medicine, but taking it could give you a bit of an advantage, even if its just as AS.
As long as you can get at least AABB at AS and have relevant work experience you should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending