The Student Room Group

Forgetting someone- how hard can it be?

Hi there, I hope you've got your reading glasses on :tongue:

I'm going overseas for uni and I'll probably only come back once a year, so the logical thing would be to make a clean break, and not get involved with anyone, right?

Well. I've liked this guy for about a year now, he was in my class but as I'm shy I avoided him (silly, I know) so we only spoke a few times, but we got along well when we did. I finally got the courage to talk to him about it during the summer to get it off my chest, and he was extremely nice about it, he even said that if we'd have talked more during the year that anything might have happened.:redface:

Anyway, we've been texting each other pretty much everyday ever since, almost constantly, even when he's out with friends he still texts me, however we've not managed to meet up (he's been too busy to offer, I've been too shy to ask). We're doing different courses that start on different dates - and his term has already started, so I obviously won't be able to see him now before I leave.

We stopped talking on Saturday when I sent him a message saying that I had an early start yesterday, but he didn't reply to that and hasn't messaged me since, presumably as he was moving in to his new flat, and today going to class etc. so I'm basically waiting on him, because I don't want to come across as annoying or needy.

The problem is that I'm getting way too attached and I'm not sure what to do. Should I just keep talking to him like he originally suggested (as a friend) and just send him a message? Or should I just cut him off?

I can't talk to any of my friends about this as they've started today too, and I don't really want to bother them as this is an exciting time for them and I don't want to distract them from it.

I really, really like this guy and will miss him a lot, but he probably won't miss me that much anyway. :frown:
it's not hard, just keep your mind focused on other things
Reply 2
It takes time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending