The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Any people living at home and worried about freshers week?

Hi guys, I'm doing a part time course in business this September at Bournemouth. Because it's part time I'm living at home and not in Bournemouth accommodation. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I'm really worried everyone will be going out for freshers with all of their housemates and I won't know anyone! And where are you guys staying if you aren't staying in Bournemouth?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi, Im doing a full time course in nursing at bournemouth uni starting next month! Im living at home aswell because of my placements and im worried about freshers week, i feel like im going to be the one left out! Everywhere says join as many societies and clubs as possible to get to know different people. :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
I am doing a full time course and also living at home. Unfortunately, I will not go to freshers at Bournemouth since I will have to travel from Southampton haha. Oh well.
Reply 3
What course are you studying? southampton is a long trip!
Hi there,

If you are looking for any driving lessons then I would recommend:

bournemouthandpooledrivinglessons.co.uk

I used this driving school to learn how to drive and is particularly useful for students as they offer a student discount.

I would highly recommend so check them out!
(N.b. I'm not a current or former student at Bournemouth.) Make sure you go to the Freshers Fair and sign up for any clubs & societies of interest. You'll almost certainly start getting emails come through with details of events you can get involved with subsequent to Freshers Week.

Don't worry too much about missing out on the big, generic events during Freshers if you can't make them. I've not bothered with them (too old for most of them!) and I'm starting to make friends. I think it's a more gradual process if you don't live on campus (if you do live in halls, you can kind of hit the ground running with making friends), but as long as you can handle being a little isolated in the first few days, things will slowly improve.
Original post by Tomcalland
Hi guys, I'm doing a part time course in business this September at Bournemouth. Because it's part time I'm living at home and not in Bournemouth accommodation. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I'm really worried everyone will be going out for freshers with all of their housemates and I won't know anyone! And where are you guys staying if you aren't staying in Bournemouth?

Thanks!

Hi Tom

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador for Bournemouth, and I am also a third year archaeology student.

As I am sure you noticed there is lots to do over freshers (and now chirstmas is coming up we have the fair!)

I hope everything went ok, and if you have any questions just let me know!

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending