The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
A job I'd really like is to be a early years teacher so the chances are I will probably end up being one. Then maybe after years of teaching I might train to become a midwife.

Would it be better for me to do BTEC extended diploma in health and social care or A level health and social care plus 3 other A level?

Go for A levels if you want to go to the top unis however Btec can still get you into many great ones. I done Btec level 3 Health and Social Care (yes, I'm a boy and I done that course) and I was given a offer in Brunel and city however I took goldsmiths. Btec will require you to do alot of coursework which is marked by teacher whilst A levels is mostly exam. Hope I cleared some stuff up :smile:
Reply 2
A job I'd really like is to be a early years teacher so the chances are I will probably end up being one. Then maybe after years of teaching I might train to become a midwife.

Would it be better for me to do BTEC extended diploma in health and social care or A level health and social care plus 3 other A level?

However seeing as you want to be a early years teacher go for Btec level 3. Your life will be way easier and you can get into that profession.
Original post by AzimH
Go for A levels if you want to go to the top unis however Btec can still get you into many great ones. I done Btec level 3 Health and Social Care (yes, I'm a boy and I done that course) and I was given a offer in Brunel and city however I took goldsmiths. Btec will require you to do alot of coursework which is marked by teacher whilst A levels is mostly exam. Hope I cleared some stuff up :smile:

Oh okay thanks. I'm aware of the amount of coursework as I did do BTEC health and social in high school.
Did you have to do any exams for it? Or were you just assessed through coursework and work experience?
Reply 4
Oh okay thanks. I'm aware of the amount of coursework as I did do BTEC health and social in high school.
Did you have to do any exams for it? Or were you just assessed through coursework and work experience?

I was only assessed through coursework and work experience however I did hear things are about to change for Btec and you may have to do 1 small verbal exam. Btec can be very time consuming and stressful so remember to prioritise your work. Good luck!
The teachers are treating me differently because i am doing a btec course not a level i know this because one of the reciponist had a go at me for not coming to school and then she told me that head of sixth form told her to do. So i let head of health and social care know and my form tutor know the reality of things so they cannot act like that. Then they wonder why i am stressed. i am in year 12 doing extend health and social care level 3.
Reply 6
Original post by Arpita Baidya
The teachers are treating me differently because i am doing a btec course not a level i know this because one of the reciponist had a go at me for not coming to school and then she told me that head of sixth form told her to do. So i let head of health and social care know and my form tutor know the reality of things so they cannot act like that. Then they wonder why i am stressed. i am in year 12 doing extend health and social care level 3.

If you're not coming in to school then it's entirely reasonable that someone should talk to you about it - in no way is it discriminatory. (And what's it got to do with this very old thread?)
Original post by Arpita Baidya

Did you really need to bump my 6 year old thread?

A teacher's job is to teach that subject and that qualification. Treating you differently because of that seems odd.

Latest