The Student Room Group

Do any prestigious universities do media/film studies?

I was just wondering whether these kinds of universities do media/film studies as I'm thinking about applying for uni to do this course next year.

Thank you if you can help :smile:
yes, tons of russell groups/top 20 unis do.

do a search on UCAS and all the courses will come up
Reply 2
I mean there's obviously no Oxford or Cambridge, but Warwick who are very prestigious, offer Film and then there's Russell group universities which offer a variation of media/film/journalism; Newcastle, Cardiff (very established in journalism), Leeds, Liverpool, Queen Mary's and Sheffield.
I guess most do because it's a nice quick way of making some easy money without much cost.
Original post by elleharrison94
I was just wondering whether these kinds of universities do media/film studies as I'm thinking about applying for uni to do this course next year.

Thank you if you can help :smile:

King's offer Film Studies.
Check QS world University ranking. I think there`s a number of top 30 unis in UK which have Film and TV courses. Like Edinburgh and Bristol. From the other hand, even though Unis are one of the best, it`s not necessary that the course will. Probably you`d better stick to skillset accredited courses.

To be honest, I tried to research that issue a lot, but still can`t say how to calculate what course will be good or not. Too many opinions. Probably the only way to find it out - to try yourself, which isn`t the best option of course. Put a bet on your luck)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending