The Student Room Group

What can I wear to look more approachable?

Hi everyone I'm looking for some outfit ideas and I've already made a start! I used to wear all dark clothes to look invisible but now I'm into wearing really feminine stuff everyday not just for occasion. What do you think of the following outfits would they make me look approachable? Or what would you think if a girl wearing these kind of outfits approached you?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/ac/1c/30ac1c6b7083567e2752b914e7a9648a.jpg
(I actually have this dress but unfortunately my legs aren't quite as long!)

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/vtir3u-l-610x610-skirt-mini+skirt-floral-floral+skirts-summer+outfits-blouse-girly-teenager-skater+skirt-mint+green-pink-floral+skater+skirt-fashion-pretty-cute-casual-denim-jeans+jacket-rolled+sle.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9a26a7edf126503c798a28aee8408083/tumblr_n8f8g2CQhL1shus71o1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1eI7tS4s_Bg/TKLDD8t2sgI/AAAAAAAAfg4/b6fgBO3GQTs/s1600/g.jpg

I'm into lots of florals, polka dots, flared skirts and dresses, cardigans and shawls and wearing my hair long and wavy with flower clips.
Let me know what you think of those and post lists and pictures of outfits and items that would make a woman seem more approachable and friendly :smile:

Cheers x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
x

I've always tended to approach women in dark clothes. a lot spanish an french women dress like this. like a black cardigan hair up in a pony tail and hoop earrings and then any old jeans with chelsea boots.

but thats just me.

first 3 are very youthful. I associate it with a sort of throw back to dressing like a little girl. like either girl still thinks quite young, or (if shes older) trying to get away with dressing younger before she gets passed that age window. these skirts are all cut around half way up the thigh so this implies to me that girl isn't getting in touch with a traditional old fashioned style of womanly dress. and that she's either naive to how much thigh shes showing off or she's actively seeking out male eyes. if the skirt was above the knees ok. but i mean the skirt goes so high that they cover about as much leg as hot pants. hot pants have a name in a jamaica. they call them pum pum shorts. pum pum is slang for vagina.

the polka dot skirt is of course knee length and has the same youthful feel but also indicates a bit more awareness of how eye catching thigh can be. or indicates more of a a true traditional vibe.

thats my opinion anyway.
Wear anything revealing
Reply 3
Original post by Mick.w
I've always tended to approach women in dark clothes. a lot spanish an french women dress like this. like a black cardigan hair up in a pony tail and hoop earrings and then any old jeans with chelsea boots.

but thats just me.

first 3 are very youthful. I associate it with a sort of throw back to dressing like a little girl. like either girl still thinks quite young, or (if shes older) trying to get away with dressing younger before she gets passed that age window. these skirts are all cut around half way up the thigh so this implies to me that girl isn't getting in touch with a traditional old fashioned style of womanly dress. and that she's either naive to how much thigh shes showing off or she's actively seeking out male eyes. if the skirt was above the knees ok. but i mean the skirt goes so high that they cover about as much leg as hot pants. hot pants have a name in a jamaica. they call them pum pum shorts. pum pum is slang for vagina.

the polka dot skirt is of course knee length and has the same youthful feel but also indicates a bit more awareness of how eye catching thigh can be. or indicates more of a a true traditional vibe.

thats my opinion anyway.

Okay thanks for your opinion :smile: I've never worn jeans I feel like a boy in them so don't think I ever would, and I find hoop earrings look chavvy but could try chelsea boots and a pony tail though. What's wrong with being young and enjoying it though?

I always wear thick black tights (60 denier) with dresses/skirts so I can assure you no one sees my 'pum pum' (I'm quarter Jamaican but never heard of pum pum shorts lol).
Reply 4
Original post by FlyingNinja1
Wear anything revealing

But I don't want to be approached for sex.
Reply 5
They're really pretty skirts/dresses, I love floral stuff too :smile: I think it depends on where you wear them. You might not look so approachable if you wear them just to go to town or other casual places. They look quite dressy and quite short, so you might seem less approachable, like you are trying too hard/think you're better than other girls/guys might think you'll reject them. But they'd be super for a special occasion, or maybe you could dress them down with a really simple top?
A t-shirt which says 'APPROACH ME'.
Reply 7
Original post by *-*.
They're really pretty skirts/dresses, I love floral stuff too :smile: I think it depends on where you wear them. You might not look so approachable if you wear them just to go to town or other casual places. They look quite dressy and quite short, so you might seem less approachable, like you are trying too hard/think you're better than other girls/guys might think you'll reject them. But they'd be super for a special occasion, or maybe you could dress them down with a really simple top?

Interesting point I don't want to look too over the top. I just need to keep it in balance and dress them down a bit like you say :smile:
A smile
Reply 9
Original post by Mpagtches
A t-shirt which says 'APPROACH ME'.

Never seen one of those :smile:
Original post by earthworm
A smile

Thank you, you are are so right haha I've been putting so much thought into what to wear I forgot about actual smiling and body language!
Never seen one of those :smile:

You could make one? :smile:
The 2nd one looks nice.
Wear a t-shirt of a band you like - then people will come up and talk about the band.
Reply 14
Okay thanks for your opinion :smile: I've never worn jeans I feel like a boy in them so don't think I ever would, and I find hoop earrings look chavvy but could try chelsea boots and a pony tail though. What's wrong with being young and enjoying it though?

I always wear thick black tights (60 denier) with dresses/skirts so I can assure you no one sees my 'pum pum' (I'm quarter Jamaican but never heard of pum pum shorts lol).

ah theres nothing wrong with being young and enjoying it though. just i tend to gravitate away from most girls socially. i find a lot of girls spend most of their first half of their lives honing an act. trying to pretend to be a sexy 20 year old even when they are 13 or 30 and they only really drop the act when their looks start to fade and only then do they look inward at becoming mentally mature and really building their true self up from the inside rather than perfecting the image they spend so long trying to make on the outside. does that make sense or have rambled off?

but i guess as a result i tend to look for signs of "younger thinking" in girls and tend not to expect much in the way of conversation. and when i see lots of short skirts it kinda reminds me girls school uniforms so i think thats why i come to that conclusion.

but at the same time i think it is nice enjoy your youth. i guess i just assume its not coming from a well grounded place of thinking like that.
but maybe im just a cynic. im trying to be less so.

but on topic converse might go well with those dresses.

and ah yes with tights those dresses make more sense now.

and oh really? ah i think its slang that came about in the early 90s late 80s time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro26Qzm_4mA
OP, are you this same girl who claims to be 24 and complains that she's never had a boyfriend, asks how to get a boyfriend then throws everyone's solutions back in their faces because you didn't want to try any of it? Dressing isn't going to make you more "approachable". It might increase your attractiveness somewhat.
Hi everyone I'm looking for some outfit ideas and I've already made a start! I used to wear all dark clothes to look invisible but now I'm into wearing really feminine stuff everyday not just for occasion. What do you think of the following outfits would they make me look approachable? Or what would you think if a girl wearing these kind of outfits approached you?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/30/ac/1c/30ac1c6b7083567e2752b914e7a9648a.jpg
(I actually have this dress but unfortunately my legs aren't quite as long!)

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/vtir3u-l-610x610-skirt-mini+skirt-floral-floral+skirts-summer+outfits-blouse-girly-teenager-skater+skirt-mint+green-pink-floral+skater+skirt-fashion-pretty-cute-casual-denim-jeans+jacket-rolled+sle.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9a26a7edf126503c798a28aee8408083/tumblr_n8f8g2CQhL1shus71o1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1eI7tS4s_Bg/TKLDD8t2sgI/AAAAAAAAfg4/b6fgBO3GQTs/s1600/g.jpg

I'm into lots of florals, polka dots, flared skirts and dresses, cardigans and shawls and wearing my hair long and wavy with flower clips.
Let me know what you think of those and post lists and pictures of outfits and items that would make a woman seem more approachable and friendly :smile:

Cheers x

ooomg I love women who dress like this. This is the only way. It's feminine but mature, but bright like a sunny appearance but it can be sexy too. I dunno. And for this weather go for it by all means. I don't get women wearing provocative **** like you know you can still be attractive and probably get even more attention and positive attention without showing bumcheeks, ladies.
Original post by Mick.w

but thats just me.

thats my opinion anyway.

ohh boy, still nailing away are we? :nah:

how is this sexually alluring?

It's perfect. I think it's feminine, appropriate, wholesome, respectable but still flattering, and a nice way to get attention as opposed to hot punarn shorts with rips in em. Not gonna lie I'd pree that as well but still. I'd prefer OP's examples and all my gfs I've been with and women I approach dress similarly.
Original post by The Good Doctor
OP, are you this same girl who claims to be 24 and complains that she's never had a boyfriend, asks how to get a boyfriend then throws everyone's solutions back in their faces because you didn't want to try any of it? Dressing isn't going to make you more "approachable". It might increase your attractiveness somewhat.

No I'm not that girl. I have had a boyfriend before but I approached him but he said there's no way he would have approached me first and found me intimidating, I do actually approach guys myself but it would be nice to be approached sometimes too. If you read my OP it's not just about getting approached by looking inviting it's also about me looking more friendly and vibrant in order to do the approaching myself as I also asked in the first paragraph ' Or what would you think if a girl wearing these kind of outfits approached you?'.

I think you are right that clothes may not get me approached and that there are more factors than that but I can't still help but feel I'm increasing the odds of a nice guy chatting to me in a pretty feminine dress over a tracksuit and ugg boots.
Original post by cole-slaw
Wear a t-shirt of a band you like - then people will come up and talk about the band.

That's not a bad idea actually! I've actually done similar to a guy myself he wearing an Avengers tee (this was years ago back before the movie and before it got cool and mainstream) and I looked at the tee and gave him a nod and we got chatting for ages unfortunately he was a bit too old for me, or at least I thought so at the time - 4 years older is nothing to me now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending