The Student Room Group

A level applied science

I wanted to study a level biology but I got a C in maths at GCSE so my sixth form put me in for a level applied science

Will i get a place in university to study psychology If I have a A level in applied science instead of a level biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Hi TM23,

I did A level applied science at Sixthform and got onto Psychology/Criminology no questions asked.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Fowell555
Hi TM23,

I did A level applied science at Sixthform and got onto Psychology/Criminology no questions asked.

Hope this helps :smile:

I'm doing Btec applied science because my sixth form won't let me do the a level qualification so would I be able to get into uni with a distinction in applied science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TM23
I'm doing Btec applied science because my sixth form won't let me do the a level qualification so would I be able to get into uni with a distinction in applied science

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey

I would imagine so? Is it a BTEC subsidiary you are studying? My understanding is they are equivalent to one A level? Distinction* = A* Distinction = A Merit = C and Pass = E. I would double check with Unis but a lot of sixthforms offer BTECs alongside A Levels? Are you taking any other A levels alongside? I'd imagine as long as you can demonstrate in your UCAS that you're interested in the course, career aims I don't think it would hold you back at all!

Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by TM23
I wanted to study a level biology but I got a C in maths at GCSE so my sixth form put me in for a level applied science

Will i get a place in university to study psychology If I have a A level in applied science instead of a level biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! My daughter got an E in AS biology and took ALevel Applied Science AS and A2 in year 13 instead. She starts at a Russell Group next week.

Edited to add, all the universities she approached accepted BTEC subsidiary and ALevel Applied Science including the one she is starting at.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
Yes! My daughter got an E in AS biology and took ALevel Applied Science AS and A2 in year 13 instead. She starts at a Russell Group next week.

Edited to add, all the universities she approached accepted BTEC subsidiary and ALevel Applied Science including the one she is starting at.

But I'm studying only 2 a levels and 2 subsidiary diplomas. One in science and one in health and social care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TM23
But I'm studying only 2 a levels and 2 subsidiary diplomas. One in science and one in health and social care

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is OK, my daughter got in with a distinction * BTEC subsidiary (health and social care) and 2 A-levels at B (one of which was Applied Science)

Quick Reply

Latest