The Student Room Group

Will Germany regret accepting 800,000 migrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by slade p
You wouldn't be complaining if they were white people, your just a racist idiot who doesn't want non whites coming in.

don't we all? I mean no offence but I don't to live in a country full of mosques in 10-20 years time. Europe won't be Europe anymore at this rate
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Immigration is ok if they are able to actually assimilate, but 800,000 in one go seems like a recipe for creating enclaves and ghettos. A post mentioned that they try and spread them evenly, but those numbers may well saturate those attempts.
The EU has quite literally failed on the migrant problem. We should never of appeared so welcoming or offered a free taxi service across the med. we should of installed fencing at all borders, have a strict border control system and immediately destroy camps like calais. There should be no boats in the med and even if there are, they should send migrants back to Libya or Tunisia and not the EU.
Original post by Ray7
don't we all? I mean no offence but I don't to live in a country full of mosques in 10-20 years time. Europe won't be Europe anymore at this rate

You do realise slade wants Europe to be majority Muslim dont you?
Original post by tehforum
If someone can help me out please

How many migrants came in the first year of the EU restrictions were lifted in the UK?

Sorted by economic migrants, asylum seekers, and refugees

It's impossible to sort them by any category, most of them will lie to get what they want. The lefties will of course forge statistics to make it look like the people are 100% refugees
Reply 45
Original post by DiddyDec
Like eastern Europeans? No I have a problem with them as well.

Women and families are always viewed with more sympathy than young black men and bearded Muslims.

What constitutes a "typical" young black male and why should we be so concerned of them?

What is the relevance of one's swarthy complexion?
The conflict in Syria is created because America, Israel, Britain, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and others are backing terrorists to take out Iran backed Assad

Bashar-Al Assad recently said that terrorists operating in Syria are agents of Israel.

All of this is causing destabilization and they're doing it in Africa too..

Where do they all go? Not Israel, but Europe.

Europe needs to rethink their foreign policy they're helping cause this mess.

This is even happening in Europe where they back Ukraine's ultra-nationalists who would be called fascist if they weren't being used against Russia.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by DK_Tipp
What constitutes a "typical" young black male and why should we be so concerned of them?
?

Well for example, blacks in London (which is where most end up) have a crime rate that is over 5x the city's average rate: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7856787/Violent-inner-city-crime-the-figures-and-a-question-of-race.html

They show that among those proceeded against for street crimes, 54 per cent were black; for robbery, 59 per cent; and for gun crimes, 67 per cent. Street crimes include muggings, assault with intent to rob and snatching property.

Just over 12 per cent of London’s 7.5 million population is black, including those of mixed black and white parentage, while 69 per cent is white, according to the Office for National Statistics.

Also the last major round of asylum seekers in the UK were black Somalians, and they have been a highly problematic immigrant group with one of the highest crime rates in the country, and constant gang problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5029390.stm

What is the relevance of one's swarthy complexion?
Its relevant because while most people in the UK are supportive of controlled immigration, the majority does not want to end up with a country where the typical person is not European. We are already in a situation where London is less than 40% ethnically British, and many people are concerned about the same pattern repeating across the UK.

Wanting to protect your cultural/ethnic heritage, and to not become a minority in your own country, is a perfectly natural human desire. This is also the reason why countries like South Korea, Japan, Israel,etc completely refuse to take in asylum seekers and immigrants in large numbers. Do you think that a situation where Tokya/Seoul/Tel Aviv was 50%+ black/brown people would be tolerated, or even desirable? Why is this something to strive for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maker
Germany needs more people. All the Japanese will die off in a 1000 years because the birth rate is so low and there is virtually no immigration.

Japan is attempting to address it though. The problem is that it's so hard to learn the language as a foreigner and consequently live in Japan (not walled off like expats) that it becomes extremely hard to encourage long term immigration.
Reply 49
Original post by yawn
Since Germany has a relatively low rate of unemployment and 800,000 asylum seekers a year, this number represents only 0.01% of their population...hardly significant in terms of job creation.

And as for asylum seekers being a burden on Germany's taxpayers, since there are plenty of jobs available, the burden you talk of will not be a burden as they'll be contributing to the public purse by way of paying taxes.

Regarding the largest economy quote, contrary to Osborne's claim that the UK has the most successful recovery amongst the EU from the 2008 global economic crash, it is not true and it is Ireland that can truthfully claim that.

We have a moral duty to protect, nurture and provide for those who are fleeing war, persecution and despot regimes. Any economically viable country who shirks their responsibilities to other human beings is less than moral and should be shamed by the rest of the world.

Have you actually checked this?

German unemployment rate is 6.4%
http://news.yahoo.com/german-unemployment-rate-ticks-august-083845083.html

This is higher than US unemployment which is 5.3%
http://countryeconomy.com/unemployment/usa

The US created 7.702 million jobs between 2009 and 2005 an average of 1.28 million jobs a year)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms

If the US economy which is 4.5 times larger than Germany's (17.419 trillion against 3.860 trillion), and has lower unemployment, but only manages to produce 1.28 million jobs a year how on earth can Germany possibly generate 800,000?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

I'm afraid the numbers just don't work do they?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yawn
We have a moral duty to protect, nurture and provide for those who are fleeing war, persecution and despot regimes. Any economically viable country who shirks their responsibilities to other human beings is less than moral and should be shamed by the rest of the world.

Yes, we do, but we do not have a moral duty to protect, nurture and provide for economic migrants who have travelled through numerous safe and prosperous countries to this particular part of Europe. A genuine asylum seeker does not treat asylum like a buffet; they get to the nearest safe place swiftly and claim asylum there at the earliest opportunity.

Original post by yawn
I can hazard a guess that they are fearful for their safety, they have been persecuted either physically or emotionally and that they want a better environment in which to bring up their children. In other words, much like the rest of humanity including us, eh?

I didn't realise that Calais is an environment where people cannot bring up their children properly and live in fear for their safety.
I say leave the Germans to their own devices. If the government wants to take more in, leave them to it. Their compassion, whilst admirable, may have some pretty big consequences in the long term, especially if the German economy were to suddenly become weakened. If the German economy goes back into recession and unemployment spikes up, I can see Germany, particularly the East, leaning right into the far right and starting a race war. Time will tell.
foolish germany...this is definitely going to raise crime in their country - this is definitely going to make germany a muslim country sooner. this is definitely going to reduce housing. what are they thinking? this isn't really making them look compassionate. if anything it's making them look short-sighted
Original post by Lady Comstock
I didn't realise that Calais is an environment where people cannot bring up their children properly and live in fear for their safety.

It will be if the "refugees" aren't sent home.
Original post by yawn
Try doing a 'google'. Germany actually is the strongest economy in Europe.

Interestingly:
"In June (2014), the UK economy received a statistical boost of £65 billion (€80 billion) following the introduction of new EU accounting rules allowing the so-called ‘grey economy’, which includes proceeds from drug trafficking and prostitution, to be recorded."
https://euobserver.com/eu-china/127046

"Ireland retains crown as fastest-growing EU economy" http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/05/ireland-fastest-growing-eu-economy

Didn't our Chancellor lay claim to the same accolade awarded to Ireland? (puzzled)

Switzerland > Germany in terms of GDP, plus they comfortably survived the previous financial crisis. We'll have to see about the upcoming one.
Original post by LockheedSpooky
An elderly Italian couple had their throats cut by an 18 year old 'asylum seeker' who was saved by the Italian navy. Both murdered.

Thats multiculturalism for you mate. Here's a basic example:

If we invited half of Iraq to live here, we cant then wonder why we see Iraq-like events occuring.
Reply 56
Original post by Maker
Germany needs more people. All the Japanese will die off in a 1000 years because the birth rate is so low and there is virtually no immigration.

Original post by Maker

(Original post by LockheedSpooky)
An elderly Italian couple had their throats cut by an 18 year old 'asylum seeker' who was saved by the Italian navy. Both murdered.

Its not big or clever to make things up.

Irony.
The response on here disgusts me. One country has decided to save the lives of 800,000 people escaping war zones and persecution and people on here make out like that's a bad thing.
Probably the same type of people who in the 1930s were getting annoyed about us letting in Jewish refugees fleeing for their lives from Poland/ Germany.

You'd think people would learn from history. Sadly not.

But that's capitalism for you, 'can I make money from this' always comes before basic human decency and compassion.
Original post by yawn
Since Germany has a relatively low rate of unemployment and 800,000 asylum seekers a year, this number represents only 0.01% of their population...hardly significant in terms of job creation.

And as for asylum seekers being a burden on Germany's taxpayers, since there are plenty of jobs available, the burden you talk of will not be a burden as they'll be contributing to the public purse by way of paying taxes.

Regarding the largest economy quote, contrary to Osborne's claim that the UK has the most successful recovery amongst the EU from the 2008 global economic crash, it is not true and it is Ireland that can truthfully claim that.

That would mean Germany has a population of 8 Billion people.
Maybe, but I think they would regret it even more if they didn't accept them immigrants. Its called integrity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending