The Student Room Group

University and gap year help

Needed some advice..
I received my a level results and didn't do as well as I had hoped, I got CCD which isn't awulllll but isn't amazing either. I got into my first course university although was unsure about the course and uni itself so before results decided to take a gap year, to decide what i would like to do and reapply. Although now my grades are rather low I am unsure whether to go to my first choice university after my gap year incase i don't get into another. I don't want to reject it, incase I can't get accepted into another but also don't really want to go to this one either. Some people have suggested phoning and speaking to the unis themselves or possibly retaking some exams which I really didn't want to do...????
please please help
Original post by kirsty_anderson
Needed some advice..
I received my a level results and didn't do as well as I had hoped, I got CCD which isn't awulllll but isn't amazing either. I got into my first course university although was unsure about the course and uni itself so before results decided to take a gap year, to decide what i would like to do and reapply. Although now my grades are rather low I am unsure whether to go to my first choice university after my gap year incase i don't get into another. I don't want to reject it, incase I can't get accepted into another but also don't really want to go to this one either. Some people have suggested phoning and speaking to the unis themselves or possibly retaking some exams which I really didn't want to do...????
please please help

To be honest, there won't be many uni's who will accept you with those grades, so you could either defer the offer you already have, or resit some of the exams you did really bad in. :biggrin: You don't actually need to go back to sixth form fill time to resit a few exams.
Original post by kirsty_anderson
Needed some advice..
please please help

If you really want to pull those grades up I suggest re-sitting them, also gives you a chance to really solidify what you really want to apply for and study at uni. Hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest