The Student Room Group

From love to hate?

Is it possible to have a relationship with some and you feel you love them. However because they hurt you and the relationship breaks down you come to hate them?

I had friends at school who I now hate. As I would be happy if I found out they died or had been hurt in some way. However I have never been in a relationship so I don't know what it is like to be in a relationship and be hurt badly. Do you come to hate the person you once loved?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by william walker
Is it possible to have a relationship with some and you feel you love them. However because they hurt you and the relationship breaks down you come to hate them?

I had friends at school who I now hate. As I would be happy if I found out they died or had been hurt in some way. However I have never been in a relationship so I don't know what it is like to be in a relationship and be hurt badly. Do you come to hate the person you once loved?

You would be happy if they died? Wow you need help
If you'd be happy some former school friends died I can't say I'd recommend a relationship at this point in your life tbh
Original post by yelllowribbon
You would be happy if they died? Wow you need help

No I need to accept this is the way I feel about them. I feel the same way about the people who bullied me at school and people who hurt the people I love. They die, I am happy. Indeed one person who bullied me at school died, when I heard the news I laughed for 5 minutes. I still laugh now. :redface:
Original post by sorafdfs
If you'd be happy some former school friends died I can't say I'd recommend a relationship at this point in your life tbh

Sure they betrayed me and left me to be friends with the people who were bullying me. Why because I am willing to admit how I feel about other people? It would seem I am perfectly ready for a relationship does it not?
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't hate anybody. Hating people takes up a lot of energy. If I dislike somebody then I just cut them out of my life, out of sight out of mind.
No I need to accept this is the way I feel about them. I feel the same way about the people who bullied me at school and people who hurt the people I love. They die, I am happy. Indeed one person who bullied me at school died, when I heard the news I laughed for 5 minutes. I still laugh now. :redface:

Can't tell if trolling or if you genuinely have issues
Original post by yelllowribbon
Can't tell if trolling or if you genuinely have issues

I genuinely have "issues". :redface:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I don't hate anybody. Hating people takes up a lot of energy. If I dislike somebody then I just cut them out of my life, out of sight out of mind.

So if you don't hate anyone how can you know it takes up a lot of energy? No not really. If they made fun of you, betrayed you, made you feel like dirt and broke the trust you put in them. Then they stay in your mind and memories, they keep causing you pain and hurt years after. :smile:
I've never hated anyone m8, I have too much love in my heart.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I've never hated anyone m8, I have too much love in my heart.

:erm::facepalm2::facepalm:
Takes a lot to truly hate someone.

Nah, I wouldn't be like that.
I've had freinds that i considered 'best freinds' that i am no longer freindly with and hostile to an extent. It has taught me valuable life lessons such as keeping my freindship circle tight and close as i would rather one true freind as opposed to 100 aquaintance type freinds.
So if you don't hate anyone how can you know it takes up a lot of energy? No not really. If they made fun of you, betrayed you, made you feel like dirt and broke the trust you put in them. Then they stay in your mind and memories, they keep causing you pain and hurt years after. :smile:

Because I used to hate people before I grew up (not a dig or calling you immature, just saying, I'm a more mature and better person than my younger self). I've had people treat me like crap and make me feel bad in the past for sure, but as I said, once they're out of my life that's it. I might think about them on the odd occasion but it's nothing more than a momentary thing, certainly nothing that starts stirring emotions within me. I don't dwell on the past, it achieves absolutely nothing positive and many things negative.
Nope. When I love someone,especially a man,I never hate him even if he's wronged me. I still feel a lot for him even during heartache
Reply 15
Why waste emotion on such people?
I genuinely have "issues". :redface:

Fair enough
Original post by WoodyMKC
Because I used to hate people before I grew up (not a dig or calling you immature, just saying, I'm a more mature and better person than my younger self). I've had people treat me like crap and make me feel bad in the past for sure, but as I said, once they're out of my life that's it. I might think about them on the odd occasion but it's nothing more than a momentary thing, certainly nothing that starts stirring emotions within me. I don't dwell on the past, it achieves absolutely nothing positive and many things negative.

With me removing people from my life who I hate does help a great deal. However I still hate them. Even if I haven't seen them in like 5 years. Though I don't really think I about them anymore and I feel no emotion when I do. I guess I can hold a grudge. :colondollar:
Original post by queen-bee
Nope. When I love someone,especially a man,I never hate him even if he's wronged me. I still feel a lot for him even during heartache

But does you emotion change? Or the way you think about that person afterwards?
Original post by LenaSim
Why waste emotion on such people?

Hate is nothing, it isn't an emotion. You feel nothing for them, you don't want them to exist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending