The Student Room Group

A level chemistry Kik support group

Hey guys!
Hope you're all doing well
I've just created a Kik group for A level Chemistry, specifically for OCR but if you want to join and you're not on OCR you're welcome

#ocra2chemistry
Reply 1
Hi, I'm ocr and got an E in chemistry AS so im gonna have to do the whole alevel in this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moral010
Hi, I'm ocr and got an E in chemistry AS so im gonna have to do the whole alevel in this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a C overall in AS chemistry and was disappointed
I'm also retaking AS chemistry all of it alongside A2
Good luck, it's doable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got a D in AS chem and I'm retaking it this year alongside A2 Chem, does anyone have any tips to juggle the two together? Revision/ time keeping etc? Any help will be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ariasia
I got a D in AS chem and I'm retaking it this year alongside A2 Chem, does anyone have any tips to juggle the two together? Revision/ time keeping etc? Any help will be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a C in as chem and I'm also retaking,
A2 is mostly a buildup of AS so it should be manageable
But one piece of advice is learn your A2 modules first, don't fall into the trap of learning the easy stuff that you already know, only do that after learning your A2 content

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by spiritless98
I got a C in as chem and I'm also retaking,
A2 is mostly a buildup of AS so it should be manageable
But one piece of advice is learn your A2 modules first, don't fall into the trap of learning the easy stuff that you already know, only do that after learning your A2 content

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'm just mostly worried about how to distribute time, specially as there's obviously not gonna be any AS lessons I can sit in so its all up to my work. Tbh I was getting As in mocks and worked so hard but something went very wrong on the day of the exams and I didn't even finish it. But that's done now I HAVE to get an A this year. I just need to figure out how to space out the revision. So far as soon as I learn something new in A2 I come home and make flash cards on it(as I did in AS as well )😭
Reply 6
Oh my god the worst thing happened today, i went to school to say which subject I'm dropping and i talked to my form tutour and he said that i should resit the whole of year 12 with new subjects and when i talked to my chemistry teacher (got E in chemistry but i wanted to continue it) he said he would strongly advise me to drop it and that if i would continue it i would virtually be set up to fail and they took away all my confidence and i was so scared so i dropped chemistry.... ...:frown::frown::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
But thankyou guys so much for all of the advice and i really hope you truly enjoy A2 chemistry this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Moral010
Oh my god the worst thing happened today, i went to school to say which subject I'm dropping and i talked to my form tutour and he said that i should resit the whole of year 12 with new subjects and when i talked to my chemistry teacher (got E in chemistry but i wanted to continue it) he said he would strongly advise me to drop it and that if i would continue it i would virtually be set up to fail and they took away all my confidence and i was so scared so i dropped chemistry.... ...:frown::frown::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you need Chem for a specific course?
Also I know it's doable as I've seen people do it in the past, difficult, but doable, if you really want to carry on with chem id suggest you work hard and go for it, retake AS through A2. But I would ask whether you just didn't try enough at AS or was it just a bad day/you just find chem really hard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending