The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1 in 250,000

100% probablility of getting in.
Reply 2
^ What he said :P

No, seriously it depends, what are your grades like. How much work exp have you done, etc?
Reply 3
yep exactly as above. And remember the med schools are watching everything you do and say online...(now there's something to think about)
joking
u can't really figure out what the chances of u gettin in 2 a med school is purely on the basis that every applicant is individual and unique..they will have different strengths and weaknesses. as long as u meet the minimum requirements ur chances are as good as anyone who applies

xxxx
Reply 5
06 entry, i.e. last year it was ~2000 applicants applied, 1000 interviewed (yes i know 50% ! one of the reasons i applied there along with many others), then after interview, 700 out of the 1000 got offers (yes 70%!). Obv that was the year without ukcat; presumably this year i think the figure is closer to 3000, however liverpool are one of the unis which give out masses of offers as people tend to put them as their insurance.

hope that helped.
Reply 6
Bluechip-
06 entry, i.e. last year it was ~2000 applicants applied, 1000 interviewed (yes i know 50% ! one of the reasons i applied there along with many others), then after interview, 700 out of the 1000 got offers (yes 70%!). Obv that was the year without ukcat; presumably this year i think the figure is closer to 3000, however liverpool are one of the unis which give out masses of offers as people tend to put them as their insurance.

hope that helped.

Yeah those stats sound about right. I don't really see how many people can put Liverpool as an insurance though, they ask for AABb, with A's in Bio and Chem, that's quite a high offer.
Reply 7
well i could tell you that everyone from my school who applies gets interviewed and gets in, but that wouldn't mean much, would it? i have no idea what the statistics are, and even then in a sense they are meaningless. there are always people who apply to medicine who don't get in and are total no hopers, either their grades are too low, they have no work experience, are sociopaths etc etc. so once you knock off those people, your chances are higher. but the statistics don't take account of that, everyone is on a level playing field and just a statistic, which is not the case in real life. you just have to apply and try your best.
Reply 8
oohhh eventually those stats are gna bite liverpool on the bum, when more people accept it as their firm and then they have too many students!!
Reply 9
the more prepared you are, the more chances you have, isn't it???

:wink:
Sherlock strikes again!

Only kidding geared, you'll learn not to take me seriously :p:
Reply 11
Philosoraptor
Sherlock strikes again!

Only kidding geared, you'll learn not to take me seriously :p:

as i remember saying before.. sarky bastard! :biggrin:
50% chance of getting an interview, then 70% of interviewees get offers

i think its something like 2000 applicants, 1000 interviews, 700 offers
Reply 13
Yeah although this year the number of applicants went up quite a bit!
Reply 14
Got no idea lol. I have to say though that Liverpool was by far the most friendly and laid back interview I had. Tell them how much you love PBL lol, they'll love that!
Reply 15
jamie7
Got no idea lol. I have to say though that Liverpool was by far the most friendly and laid back interview I had. Tell them how much you love PBL lol, they'll love that!

Make sure you actually know what PBL is though!!! I've been somewhat astounded by peeps who do not do their basic research for interviews... They tell the panel that they love the idea of PBL, and it is perfect for their work ethic, then can not answer a single question on what PBL actually is. Even worse are the peeps who state that they have 'always wanted to come to XXX medical school, love the course structure, etc.', and apparently do not see the next questions "so tell me about our course..." coming and can't do it!!!

Shocking!
Reply 16
Lol that's true. As Fluffy said make sure you do your research, there's nothing worse than making a statement which you can't back up.
Reply 17
jamie7
there's nothing worse than making a statement which you can't back up.

Really?

Do you think you could back up that statement:biggrin:
Reply 18
Fluffy
Make sure you actually know what PBL is though!!! I've been somewhat astounded by peeps who do not do their basic research for interviews... They tell the panel that they love the idea of PBL, and it is perfect for their work ethic, then can not answer a single question on what PBL actually is. Even worse are the peeps who state that they have 'always wanted to come to XXX medical school, love the course structure, etc.', and apparently do not see the next questions "so tell me about our course..." coming and can't do it!!!

Shocking!

That is shocking! What do you say to them when they can't answer?!
Reply 19
K41
That is shocking! What do you say to them when they can't answer?!

Try and help them out a little, incase they have 'rabbit in headlights' syndrome... else move on, dissapointedly.

Latest

Trending

Trending