The Student Room Group

Courses

Guys if I am offering A2 Biology, A2 Maths, A2 history, but only AS chemistry, does that mean my chances of getting into Medicine limited?
No i dont think so, find unis which aren't too fussed about chemistry, uea for example i think-they care more about biology:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Abz_A786
Guys if I am offering A2 Biology, A2 Maths, A2 history, but only AS chemistry, does that mean my chances of getting into Medicine limited?

Yes. Most Med Schools require Chemistry at A2, though there are a few that accept it at AS level. See here for more info:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15863-medical-school-a-level-requirement
Some unis actually require an A2 in chemistry but don't mind if you have biology to AS as all the import at stuff from biology is covered again in first year, but it's a good idea to have both biology and chemistry to A2 if you want to increase your chances of getting in. Have a look at the entry requirements of all the unis you're considering, but I'd definitely advise doing chemistry, I did biology, chemistry and maths to A2 and did AS psychology and got into medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest