The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Elope to Bradford with her.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like I have made a mistake falling for a Pakistani girl :frown:
Her parents would never accept me since I'm white.
What shall I do? Break up? I couldn't possibly.

I'm sure they'll accept you.. lol. you just have to be a man
I swear Pakistani parents either want their children to marry their own race or white??? :colonhash:
Reply 4

ask her

Best for the long term.
Ask her since she knows her parents better than you do. Decide what you want to do together.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr JB
Elope to Bradford with her.

Still a better love story than Twilight.
Do you both have the same religious views, just curious?
Bruv our/their birds aint gonna sell out get me.
Original post by Multitalented me
Do you both have the same religious views, just curious?

No we don't but I respect her being a Muslim and she respects that I'm a Christian
No we don't but I respect her being a Muslim and she respects that I'm a Christian
Oh alright well that's good that you both respect eachother's view. Are you both over 18, just wondering, do you have enough savings to move out? Could she move in with you (if she wants to). Personally don't think it's right to break up as I feel then her bigoted parents would have got their way, & also it's her life so she should be able to choose to be with whoever she wants.
In this case, I guess I can relate.
I am a Pakistani
The problems that will arise with this situation and very much likely.
A) In the religion of Islam, dating is forbidden
B) Pakistani parents would prefer if their children could get married to someone of the same culture
C) The same religion is a MUST

As harsh as this will sound, sorry mate, but it won't work out at all
I suggest you just break up, and find someone who you actually have a chance with.
Original post by GreenNinjaa
In this case, I guess I can relate.
I am a Pakistani
The problems that will arise with this situation and very much likely.
A) In the religion of Islam, dating is forbidden
B) Pakistani parents would prefer if their children could get married to someone of the same culture
C) The same religion is a MUST

As harsh as this will sound, sorry mate, but it won't work out at all
I suggest you just break up, and find someone who you actually have a chance with.

In other words. Islam is the most tight-ass and intolerant major religion in the world today. Because she and her family are a part of it, this will most likely get in the way. Sorry, mate.

Honestly though, I love how muslims try to give us the idea that Islam is tolerant and peaceful (religion of peace) and can co-exist with other cultures BUT THEN ABSOLUTELY NO DATING ALLOWED AND FOLLOWERS CAN ONLY GET TOGETHER WITH THOSE OF THE SAME RELIGION! HARAM! FORBIDDEN! IMMORAL! BLA BLA BLA. What a joke.

As someone who has lived in a muslim majority country, I know this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Talk to her and listen to what she has to say. But before you elope at least try to make her parents understand because you both may regret it in the future. I know what Pakistani parents can be like and they're not all strict and rule out men from different races. Aka my parents :smile:. So just make sure you speak to them and good luck to the both of you.

Depends how rebellious she's feeling. She'll either see you as someone to go out with temporarily until she gets married to someone of her own religion, or she might care enough about you to go long-term with you. I have no idea how long you've been in a relationship with her, or what she's like as a person, but it would be worth discussing the future with her and seeing what she says. I've been hurt too many times by ******* who I saw myself having a future with, only for them to ditch me after a few months of dating because our family backgrounds were different (why the **** they couldn't work that out before they started dating me, I'll never know).

Make sure you don't end up in the same position as I was. Find out what she wants from your relationship and get her to be honest with you. She needs to be as serious as you are if you're going to make it work. If she's only dating you secretly, just to have a bit of fun, or she's still thinking about settling down with a Muslim man instead of you - save yourself all the heartache and move on. Conversely, if she agrees that you could have a future together then you'll have to discuss it with her and her family like an adult.
Original post by The Good Doctor
In other words. Islam is the most tight-ass and intolerant major religion in the world today. Because she and her family are a part of it, this will most likely get in the way. Sorry, mate.

Honestly though, I love how muslims try to give us the idea that Islam is tolerant and peaceful (religion of peace) and can co-exist with other cultures BUT THEN ABSOLUTELY NO DATING ALLOWED AND FOLLOWERS CAN ONLY GET TOGETHER WITH THOSE OF THE SAME RELIGION! HARAM! FORBIDDEN! IMMORAL! BLA BLA BLA. What a joke.

As someone who has lived in a muslim majority country, I know this.

Mate there's no need to be disrespectful to Muslims. Islam isn't tight assed and intolerant. I know many Pakistani girls with white guys. It's not religion. It's culture for Pakistanis to marry their own race. So cool it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ftahir02
Mate there's no need to be disrespectful to Muslims. Islam isn't tight assed and intolerant. I know many Pakistani girls with white guys. It's not religion. It's culture for Pakistanis to marry their own race. So cool it

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read what I said, I did not address anything to do with race. Or Pakistanis.
Original post by _anon_banon
I'm sure they'll accept you.. lol. you just have to be a man

Wouldn't that be a nice world. xD I think you're forgetting the culture of 'honour' killings in Pakistani culture. Even the most liberal parents would at least disown her and never speak to her again. Let's hope her parents aren't the most conservative. D:
Original post by ftahir02

Posted from TSR Mobile

That might be true with regard to race but if they're practicing Muslims, they will insist that she marries a Muslim. Unless the OP is happy to convert, I can't really see it happening...

Latest

Trending

Trending