The Student Room Group

Why are tesco bags at the self-checkout so hard to open

Anybody know why?

Scroll to see replies

Because they are the devil's spawn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its embarrassing as well as everyone just stares at your failure to open them
Reply 3
Oh gosh, I've haven't been to Tescos in years but it's honestly the same in all supermarkets, so incredibly difficult¡ XD When I'm alone, I usually resort to using my mouth to try and tear into them as I desperately look around to check no one's watching. Not to mention the fact I feel somewhat pressured to open and place my purchased items into a bag as quickly as possible before the next customer approaches my checkout point. I hate it when I have to frantically grab eveything in one hand including my apparently sealed plastic bag bc someone decides to place themselves directly behind my shoulder waiting for me to collect my change and reciept so they can put their items in the area. Otherwise, I just ask my mum- it takes her less than half a second to open. ^-^

Edit: I don't know why, I've just come to the conclusion that I'm not skilled enough. XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The supermarket I sometimes go to has people to pack your bags for you.

Feels good, man. :cool:
Lick your fingers folks...

And lick em goooood :wink2:
Protip:

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
The supermarket I sometimes go to has people to pack your bags for you.

Feels good, man. :cool:

It must be nice to be king
Original post by Danno190
Protip:

Spoiler

Gah I need to try this! I always get embarrassed tryin to open the bags and I don't like licking my fingers in public :erm:
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Gah I need to try this! I always get embarrassed tryin to open the bags and I don't like licking my fingers in public :erm:

I might fail at a lot of things, but I'm a professional bag opener.
Original post by Lucasium
Because they are the devil's spawn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite. Simon Cowell has nothing to do with them.
Original post by A level sufferer
Its embarrassing as well as everyone just stares at your failure to open them

:rofl: this is so accurate lmao :rofl:

It's worse when the worker at the checkout just ignores our struggle omg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Oh my god I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS!

I was literally having a panic attack trying to open a damn plastic bag at tesco yesterday
Original post by tealites
Anybody know why?
OMG I thought I was the only one complaining about this.
Original post by Anon_98
When I'm alone, I usually resort to using my mouth to try and tear into them as I desperately look around to check no one's watching.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, Anon... :rofl: Doesn't that make things even more awkward? Why not just ask the cashier to do it for you.
I thought the same thing, and it's only in Tesco that it happens to me..it'll take me a good minute to get the bag to open and by that time I feel like a fool because the shopping starts to pile up quickly :lol:
The struggle is REAL!!!:albertein:
Reply 17
Original post by adaka123
OMG I thought I was the only one complaining about this.

The struggle is reallllllll :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by notsistermaria
I thought the same thing, and it's only in Tesco that it happens to me..it'll take me a good minute to get the bag to open and by that time I feel like a fool because the shopping starts to pile up quickly :lol:

Haha omg I feel ya sister

Sometimes I try to put the food in the bag while i'm still scanning other things just so I can speed up the whole manoever and then the machine tells me to put it back on the counter-thing. AND THEN THE SELF-CHECKOUT STOPS WORKING AND TELLS ME TO 'ASK FOR ASSISTANCE'

I'm so done with tesco tbh
I just get angry untill the stuck up fat lady wobbles over and separates them! Ah :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending