The Student Room Group

EPQ Topic

Can I do a comic book for my epq? I don't mean like a topic surrounding comics, drawing writing an actual comic- It's something i'm very passionate about- could I also to go along with it- write a how i did it paper?
Yes, that would be good. That would be the artefact.

You'd have to make sure the actual TOPIC would be good enough. For example, "Designing a full length comic strip in the art style of....." et cetera.
Reply 2
Original post by Infraspecies
Yes, that would be good. That would be the artefact.

You'd have to make sure the actual TOPIC would be good enough. For example, "Designing a full length comic strip in the art style of....." et cetera.

So like doing a comic say in the style of astroboy for example and then do the comic, then write how i did it?
Original post by Henry.J
So like doing a comic say in the style of astroboy for example and then do the comic, then write how i did it?

No, I wouldn't say "In the style of Astroboy", nor would I do an Astroboy comic. You'd probably need to make up your own character and scenario.
However, doing something in "the style of Tezuka" would be good; he was the 'father of manga' after all.
Then your report would contain a description of your research into his illustrative style, the history, the significance of certain aspects of his work, et cetera. Then you'd do your comic, and then be able to talk about how it reflected the example, and how you paid attention to specific parts.
Reply 4
Original post by Infraspecies
No, I wouldn't say "In the style of Astroboy", nor would I do an Astroboy comic. You'd probably need to make up your own character and scenario.
However, doing something in "the style of Tezuka" would be good; he was the 'father of manga' after all.
Then your report would contain a description of your research into his illustrative style, the history, the significance of certain aspects of his work, et cetera. Then you'd do your comic, and then be able to talk about how it reflected the example, and how you paid attention to specific parts.

Thanks, I already have a story board with my own idea :smile:
Original post by Henry.J
Thanks, I already have a story board with my own idea :smile:

Excellent, have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest