The Student Room Group

Is there anyone going to Hereford Sixth Form College this September for their A level

No, but I've just completed my A Levels there :tongue:
Wow that's awesome!
Someone on tsr actually lives near me XD
What subjects did you do and how did you like it?:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Wow that's awesome!
Someone on tsr actually lives near me XD
What subjects did you do and how did you like it?:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I did A Level Geology, Geography and ICT, and AS Level Environmental Studies. I enjoyed college much more than high school, as I could focus on subjects which interested me more. Also, I lived really close to college so I could go home during free periods and lunch, which was good considering I didn't have any friends to hang out with :redface:

I assume you'll be going for your enrollment this week? I'll be in college briefly as well on Thursday; I'll be showing my mum's friend's daughter around who'll be starting there this year. What subjects have you chosen? :smile:
Yeah tomorrow :smile:
I've chosen English lit, psychology and government and politics. I'm not sure if I should do English lang as well or not :/ Idk if four is too much. Are they flexible about dropping subjects or if I do four do I have to stay with four?(thanks BTW!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah tomorrow :smile:
I've chosen English lit, psychology and government and politics. I'm not sure if I should do English lang as well or not :/ Idk if four is too much. Are they flexible about dropping subjects or if I do four do I have to stay with four?(thanks BTW!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Hereford Sixth Form is flexible and lots of students change and drop subjects in the first few weeks, so don't worry about not being able to change or drop a subject :smile:

Also, it's usual for students to choose four subjects for AS Level, and then either keep all four or drop one of them for A2 Level. Have you decided what subject you'd like to study at university yet?
Actually I'd not like to go to uni. I'm hoping for an apprenticeship in journalism....uni seems too expensive.
Thank you for your responses!!
Any dvice for the new term?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually I'd not like to go to uni. I'm hoping for an apprenticeship in journalism....uni seems too expensive.
Thank you for your responses!!
Any dvice for the new term?

Posted from TSR Mobile

An apprenticeship in journalism sounds interesting, I didn't even know you could do one! :biggrin:

What kind of advice are you looking for?
Just if there's anything you think might be useful. For example...what did you take? Did you have a massive bag and take folders for your subjects or just a notepad and folder when you get home or neither?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just if there's anything you think might be useful. For example...what did you take? Did you have a massive bag and take folders for your subjects or just a notepad and folder when you get home or neither?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I took a shoulder bag and a ring binder with file dividers separating my notes for each subject. At first I took a refill pad of paper with me as well, but after a while I just started keeping blank pieces of paper at the front of my file because taking a whole refill pad became annoying as the pages kept getting creased.

Would you like any study/revision tips as well?

Also, I apologise for the delay with this answer, I went to have dinner :tongue:
That's great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest