The Student Room Group

EPQ help

So I am about to begin my EPQ in the new academic year but I am having difficulty coming up with a task title. Initially I was going to do a history based one on the emancipation proclamation, however I have had difficulty 'narrowing' it down. English literature is what I intend to study at university, I am now thinking of doing something along the lines of 'to what extent has the political and social gains women have made in the last 500 years impacted literature' any idea or help? :redface:
Reply 1
That's a cool idea, but going to be very vague! Think of all the contributions women have made to literature, there is absolutely no way that could be narrowed down into 5000 words. But, maybe you could approach something like the evolution of feminist criticism of literature (i.e. how women started to deconstruct male/female texts). I am studying that atm and its quite interesting, also by looking at how feminist criticism has changed, it gives you more of a narrow focus? Just a thought
Reply 2
Original post by safia_x
That's a cool idea, but going to be very vague! Think of all the contributions women have made to literature, there is absolutely no way that could be narrowed down into 5000 words. But, maybe you could approach something like the evolution of feminist criticism of literature (i.e. how women started to deconstruct male/female texts). I am studying that atm and its quite interesting, also by looking at how feminist criticism has changed, it gives you more of a narrow focus? Just a thought

I will have a look into that !! It's so difficult coming up with an idea that fits the epq requirements !!!

Quick Reply

Latest