The Student Room Group

Exeter Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

From what we were told they cant get accreditation any faster, the GMC always does it this way, but that they have no reason to believe they wont get accreditation because all their reports have come back good and the course is not drastically different from the old peninsula course which was fine. I think i also heard somewhere (back in rumoursville again) that if they were not to, we'd sit our exams at another school and still graduate just from there instead, but given that we're 3/4 years behind the first cohort, it should all be cleared up!
Reply 2401
Yeah that's what I had thought, that they'd have to have a guarantee to see us through in one way or another. Thanks!
Just firmed another offer so hopefully one of you will get my place :smile:
Offers are given out in excess, so if you decline it does not necessarily mean someone else gets it .
How much have people paid for the health questionnaire? (if at all)
Nothing. My gp did it for free because it is for medical school
Original post by lyra1987
Nothing. My gp did it for free because it is for medical school

I had to pay £20!!! I was pissed
Original post by yung7up
I had to pay £20!!! I was pissed

I payed 20 too :/
Guys how bad are rowancroft mew and court Ive seen the room from the virtual tour and I dont like how they look like. Is it possible that there wont be rooms left for the rowancroft itself.
I went to pick mine up when it was completed and the girl on the guest did not ask for any money. Before it was filled out a different person said I would have to pay £17 I think. But I either got lucky or my gp waived the fees as it was for med school not something else.
Court and mews really aren't that bad, people do moan but they are a lot cheaper and also the people you meet there are more important and theyre like a close family :smile:
Original post by ExeMED97
Court and mews really aren't that bad, people do moan but they are a lot cheaper and also the people you meet there are more important and theyre like a close family :smile:

I saw them on the open day and they are actually not that bad. there is plenty of storage space in the rooms and a little common roomy place in each flat with notice board and comfy chairs. The kitchen seemed to have enough space and the toilets and showers seemed fine. Personally, if you're wanting to save money then they are a great choice for the price, thyey could probably do with a lick of paint in some areas or something, but for one year I think its bareable haha! Like you say the peopel you meet and the community created is more important :smile:
Who's got an first choice offer then?
Original post by ExeMED97
Who's got an first choice offer then?

I have exeter as first choice, very stressed though if I will meet the offer, after aqa f*** us hard in math core 3
Hi all
Congrats to everyone that has got their place now. My unconditional offer came through last week, at last. I am a mature student (29yo) so I've been looking at private rental options as well as uni accommodation. Leaning toward private rental at the moment but it would be great to be with another 1st year med student. Is anyone else in a similar boat? I have seen some tempting buddy up options on spareroom so if you are interested, drop me a message!

Also - does anyone know how to get onto the 'offer holders 2016' FB group? My request has been pending for a couple months and I am not sure who to message :frown:
Yay ive meet my offer. So when are we supposed to move out to exeter so i can book my tickets ? If Ill be staying at uni accomodation.
Original post by koolgurl14
Yay ive meet my offer. So when are we supposed to move out to exeter so i can book my tickets ? If Ill be staying at uni accomodation.

Congrats! :biggrin:
As far as i remember, you choose a moving in date/time on the first weekend before uni starts :smile:
Original post by Beska
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you very much!
Anyone know how lenient exeter medical school is on deferring? Do i need a good reason etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending