The Student Room Group

Exeter Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have got 6A* and 6A in GCSE's5A's in AS levelPredicted could be A*A*A in order in Biology,Maths and Chem (also A* in Further Maths)UKCAT : 730, SJT Band2
Do you think I am okay to apply to Exeter. BTW What A-level grades they would be okay with?

Tahnks
Original post by nomita
I have got 6A* and 6A in GCSE's5A's in AS levelPredicted could be A*A*A in order in Biology,Maths and Chem (also A* in Further Maths)UKCAT : 730, SJT Band2
Do you think I am okay to apply to Exeter. BTW What A-level grades they would be okay with?

Tahnks

That would be perfect for Exeter! And we got exactly the same UKCAT score!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Ebbsy
That would be perfect for Exeter! And we got exactly the same UKCAT score!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Original post by Hydeman
Nice one. :biggrin: The admissions team at Exeter usually replies to emails swiftly; let me know what they say.

Can confirm that it is definitely the overall score not subtests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebbsy
Can confirm that it is definitely the overall score not subtests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, good to hear! This way I can afford to do badly on one sub-test and compensate by doing better on another sub-test. :smile:

Thanks for letting me know.
What do you think this years cut off will be?
Original post by mariapops
What do you think this years cut off will be?

Hard to say right now as people are still able to take their tests until 6 October.
Original post by Ebbsy
I know Plymouth definitely score the subtests but I'm not sure that Exeter do as this is off their website:

'Applications will be sorted according to academic profile and overall UKCAT score in order to determine which applicants will receive an offer of an interview.'

Not sure though, I've emailed to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

-waves- hai! Hopefully I'll also be applying with A*A* predictions too :smile:
Original post by AnnekaChan173
-waves- hai! Hopefully I'll also be applying with A*A* predictions too :smile:

Yay! Fingers crossed for both of us. I'm going in to discuss my reference and predictions today (and to steer them in the right direction!) and then I'm all good to go! Where else have you decided?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebbsy
Yay! Fingers crossed for both of us. I'm going in to discuss my reference and predictions today (and to steer them in the right direction!) and then I'm all good to go! Where else have you decided?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr! I'm gonna sort that out ASAP with my school. UEA, Liverpool and BSMS, you?
Ikr! I'm gonna sort that out ASAP with my school. UEA, Liverpool and BSMS, you?

Definitely QUB and Leicester (although worried about my band 2 SJT as that goes towards the interview score) and the either Newcastle or Plymouth (depending on which I'm more likely to meet the cutoff for as my QR is pretty low at 640!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebbsy
Definitely QUB and Leicester (although worried about my band 2 SJT as that goes towards the interview score) and the either Newcastle or Plymouth (depending on which I'm more likely to meet the cutoff for as my QR is pretty low at 640!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Plymouth you'll be fine, their QR cut off is lower than that. I haven't seen a huge number of people with Band 1s too, so I don't think it will affect you that much, fingers crossed! Newcastle is nice too though, and your UKCAT is great so you'd probably get yourself an interview... How's personal statement writing etc going?
I think Plymouth you'll be fine, their QR cut off is lower than that. I haven't seen a huge number of people with Band 1s too, so I don't think it will affect you that much, fingers crossed! Newcastle is nice too though, and your UKCAT is great so you'd probably get yourself an interview... How's personal statement writing etc going?

Personal statement I'm pretty happy with (although the places I'm applying to don't seem to really focus on it, more just in borderline cases) - been writing it for a while so is constantly being edited. Struggling to fit everything in, which I suppose is a good sign! Plymouth's cutoff for QR last year was 650, all others have been lower but this year QR scores seem really high on average! I probably prefer newcastle anyway so we'll see what happens.

Wouldn't it be funny if we both get interviews on the same day haha - GOOD LUCK. I know everyone says that but I genuinely really hope we both succeed! Exeter is definitely my first choice so a bit annoying they start their interviews so early as I may not get to practise much beforehand!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I got 690 average for my UKCAT - is this good enough for Exeter?
Original post by Ebbsy
Personal statement I'm pretty happy with (although the places I'm applying to don't seem to really focus on it, more just in borderline cases) - been writing it for a while so is constantly being edited. Struggling to fit everything in, which I suppose is a good sign! Plymouth's cutoff for QR last year was 650, all others have been lower but this year QR scores seem really high on average! I probably prefer newcastle anyway so we'll see what happens.

Wouldn't it be funny if we both get interviews on the same day haha - GOOD LUCK. I know everyone says that but I genuinely really hope we both succeed! Exeter is definitely my first choice so a bit annoying they start their interviews so early as I may not get to practise much beforehand!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, mine don't really focus too much on it either! Oh damn, why is it so high there!? Go for Newcastle then, defo. I'm really hoping for Exeter, it's joint first choice along with BSMS for me too. I haven't even started thinking about interviews, I still have the BMAT to think about -sigh-
Reply 35
Is there any point applying to Exeter if I've got achieved grades of AAA and they want A*s? My UKCAT was 687.5 average
Original post by Sam1223
Is there any point applying to Exeter if I've got achieved grades of AAA and they want A*s? My UKCAT was 687.5 average

You can always re-sit one? And be predicted an A* grade. I would say go for it if you really like Exeter.
Reply 37
Has anyone had a reply from Exeter?
Original post by Y.M.
Has anyone had a reply from Exeter?

What kind of reply? Pretty sure most people haven't applied yet. :s-smilie:
Should I bother applying with only an A*AA prediction and a UKCAT average of 702.5? Is there a chance of interview and even if there is, is it very low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending