The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, the obvious advantage (for some people) is that on an integrated course you have a lot more patient contact from the start of your degree.
This allows you to start developing your bedside manner from much earlier on. It might also help you to see in real patients, whatever it is that you are currently studying in lectures and therefore help you to understand/learn
Reply 2
lol! OP - do you actually know what an intergrated course is, or are you just trying to get us to tell you and give you an answer you might be able to use at interview? :wink:

Hint - look at the TSR wiki...
Hehe, yep. Reminds me of all these people mixing up integrated with systems based with PBL with traditional etc :p:
Reply 4
YE i got an interview for newcastle! i no wa the course is and how it works but i jsut wanted to no why that wud b a prefered way of teachin medicine as a pose to PBL!
Reply 5
M4N1C
YE i got an interview for newcastle! i no wa the course is and how it works but i jsut wanted to no why that wud b a prefered way of teachin medicine as a pose to PBL!

Well that post proves you do not understand the differences between PBL and integrates. They are totally different things and are not oposites. 'My' course is integrated, systems based and PBL! I suggest (again!) that you take a look at the TSR wiki!!!
Hehe, was waiting for Fluffy's wrath filled descent!

Latest

Trending

Trending