The Student Room Group

your cooking fails

We all know every student tries to cook in halls and most have a pretty epic fail mine was I was trying to make a kind of white sauce for my pasta through lack of measuring jugs etc it ended up as a kind of we dough which I proceed to mould in to a small loaf and the baked which turned in to the worst tasting bread ever at which point I gave up and got a Mc donalds take away.
Next time you want a white sauce
- Put the heat on low and add a nob (just under 1/8th of a pack) of butter
- Add a little flour at a time until you get a sort of buttery paste. Keep stirring
- Then slowly over a low heat add milk - it is a good idea to whisk at this point to avoid lumps. Keep stirring!
- Keep adding milk each time it thickens until you get a rich creamy sauce - keep stirring.
- Season to taste and add copious amounts of cheese... whilst stirring
- Chuck over pasta and eat hot. Put the remaining pasta / sauce in the fridge for tomorrow.

Cooking is easy when you know how, but you never know till you try. No measurements required for this one.

Good luck!
Original post by ByEeek
Next time you want a white sauce
- Put the heat on low and add a nob (just under 1/8th of a pack) of butter
- Add a little flour at a time until you get a sort of buttery paste. Keep stirring
- Then slowly over a low heat add milk - it is a good idea to whisk at this point to avoid lumps. Keep stirring!
- Keep adding milk each time it thickens until you get a rich creamy sauce - keep stirring.
- Season to taste and add copious amounts of cheese... whilst stirring
- Chuck over pasta and eat hot. Put the remaining pasta / sauce in the fridge for tomorrow.

Cooking is easy when you know how, but you never know till you try. No measurements required for this one.

Good luck!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending