The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Will you leave the country when England becomes an islamic leaning country?

England is quickly becoming an islamic leaning country, with 600,000 immigrants entering this year, and a lot of society and the government still holding onto the idea of having mass multiculturalism. When England becomes an islamic majority / islamic state, will you leave?

Between 2004 and 2008, the Muslim population of the UK grew at an annual rate of 6.7 percent, making Muslims 4 percent of the population in 2008. Extrapolating from those figures would mean that the Muslim population in 2020 would be 8 percent, 15 percent in 2030, 28 percent in 2040 and finally, in 2050, the Muslim population of the UK would exceed 50 percent of the total population.

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/3770/the_islamic_future_of_britain
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zigglr
England is quickly becoming an islamic leaning country, with 600,000 immigrants entering this year, and a lot of society and the government still holding onto the idea of having mass multiculturalism. When England becomes an islamic majority / islamic state, will you leave?

i doubt that will happen, ukip got 13% of the first try, next year were gonna win, trust in farage my friend trust in farage
looks like we have a nationalist
Hope it doesn't, but ultimately with the "let's be nice to the peaceful Muslims" attitude observed by many students and the left wing media, it's a possibility.

In which case I would probably move to America (going through the legal, strict immigration process, may I add, as opposed to the open borders EU) to live in a free Western society.

Posted from TSR Mobile
England is already an Islamic leaning country. Our value systems are already being eroded as a result of our blind allegiance to the ideology known as multiculturalism (the idea that all value systems in society have to be appeased, even if they conflict with the majority value system, because 'different cultures come from different backgrounds' and we can't expect them to 'behave like us', that would be 'intolerant' and 'bigoted':wink:.

For an example of what this looks like in practice, and what's in store for the UK, just take a look at Sweden.

Part of the problem is that the UK no longer has any consistent notion of what does and does not constitute 'morality', largely because it has spent decades redefining societal roles, determining that nothing is truly moral and pursuing an ideology of nihilism, that nothing is right, nothing is wrong, and to suggest otherwise is bigoted and racist.

In its place - upon the denunciation of religion, or rather Christianity, other religions are allowed to function without scrutiny - we've got moral relativism. We've got outcomes which suggest that suggest when a morality is applied in one context it's 'diverse' or 'tolerant' and when it's applied in another it's 'bigoted', 'racist', 'sexist', 'misogynistic', etc. What many seemingly fail to realise is that it's this cultural and moral abyss which is at the heart of every single frustration in British society.

Harriet Harman declares it would be 'rude' to interfere with a labour party event segregated along gender lines to appeal to Muslim voters. Change the context: gender segregation amongst white people = society goes mad.

Goldsmith University declares white men should be banned from attending diversity events. Change the context: black people being banned from diversity events. Society goes mad.

The BBC recently focused on the shooting of two Virginia reporters. They were shot by a black man. He was 'mentally ill' and 'being racially abused' at work. Change the context: the Charleston shootings. Black people were the victims, it received far more coverage, and it was deemed a 'hate crime' (these words were never used by the BBC in relation to Virginia).

Any time a white police shoots an unarmed black man, it's front page news. It's an example of 'systemic discrimination and racism.' Change the context: 93% of black people are killed by other black people. Black people are 13% of the population in the US, yet perpetrate 52% of all homicides. More unarmed white people are killed by the police every year than unarmed black people. No-one mentions these statistics, particularly not on the BBC.

The Independent creates a post entitled 'white men should never hold elected position in British Universities again.' Change the context: mass outrage. The response to this post was 'reverse racism isn't real. As white people hold all the power, it's impossible to be racist towards other white people.' Yep.

The BBC launches into a tirade against St Andrews golf club. It's sexist, archaic and discriminatory - it only admits men. Change the context: women-only networking groups, gyms, taxi firms, political party conferences, business conferences, etc. No-one cares.

The Irish referendum is hailed as a beacon of 'progressivism.' People all over vote in favour of the morality 'people should be free to marry whoever they choose' and exploit narratives like 'homophobia' to make everyone else conform to their narrow perspectives on what is 'right and wrong.' All who oppose will be kicked into social exile. Change the context: apply the same morality - 'people should be free to marry whoever they choose - in the context of incestuous marriage. Suddenly, all of those making accusations of bigotry appear just as bigoted as the people are accusing. 'Incestuous marriage is icky.'

Tim Farron was recently elected as leader of the Liberal Democrats. He was questioned incessantly about his views on homosexuality. Change the context: when was the last time you ever witnessed an Islamic politician or Lord, or an Imam, being questioned on their views on homosexuality? Trust me, they are 10 times worse.

I could literally be here all day.

However, we've created the conditions for ethnocentrism. Non-white groups, cultures and ethnicities are FAR more ethnocentric and tribal than white people (or, like women, are far more likely to demonstrate an own-group bias). Many journalists from minority groups openly assert they prefer their own ethnicity. When groups like the EDL profess this, it's the precise definition of racism. As far as the Guardian is concerned, it's 'progressive', and it's painted as such. Even though it's blatantly ethnocentric and verging on racism.

The meek feminised culture which has been taught decades worth of self-loathing - largely by groups eager to exploit narratives or accentuate only one side of the narrative to produce an outcome which resembles whiteness = racism, heterosexuality = homophobia and maleness = sexism - is absolutely incapable of standing up for itself in the face of a true threat. It doesn't know how to look evil in the eye and deal with it. All it knows is 'tolerance' and 'diversity', 'evil white man' and white male = pathological.

What's the outcome? 170,000 instances of FGM, forced marriages, welfare payments for polygamous marriages, Sharia patrols in London boroughs, extensive 'white flight' from our national capital city, the gradual implementation of a separate legal system (Sharia courts, there are now upwards of 100 all across the country), 100 extremists being admitted onto the Government's 'prevent' programme or deradicalisation training every single week, electoral fraud in Tower Hamlets, the sexual molestation of thousands of white girls - based purely on the colour of their skin - by Pakistani grooming gangs in 27+ towns and cities all over the UK, the Islamification of British schools in Birmingham (by covert measures), communities being overtaken by Islamic culture (ie, Tower Hamlets is now 32% Bangladeshi and is certainly NOT 'multicultural') and a lot more besides.

All the while, certain minority groups spend all of their time being ethnocentric and telling the majority population how s**t and evil they are. Being the self-loathing society we now are - we always bow to a false accusation or shaming tactics - we sit there and take it.

Of course, this is hardly the whole picture. We'd have to look at the mountain of surveys to see that.

60% of Muslims would reject homosexuals as friends.

66% of Muslims believe that religious law is more important than the law of the land in which they live.

45% of Muslims think Jews can’t be trusted.

75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran.

45% of Muslims believe Western Civilisation is out to destroy Islam.

http://www.wzb.eu/en/press-release/islamic-fundamentalism-is-widely-spread

The survey was conducted across six European countries and solicited responses from 9,000 Muslims.

35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified.

42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified.

22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.

29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

40% of Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in the UK.

20% of British Muslims (520,000 people) sympathise with 7/7 bombers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

An alternative survey suggests as many as 25% of British Muslims sympathise with the 7/7 bombers.

28% of British Muslims hope the UK will become a religious fundamentalist Islamic state.

78% of British Muslims support punishment for those who publish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

62% of British Muslims believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups.

68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of British people who insult Islam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-british-muslims-put-islam-first/
I was going to leave anyway. I couldn't care if England was being flooded with muslims.
What is occurring is that various cities and boroughs are becoming Islamic strong-holds (the "community" forms, with its attendant mosques, and family member imports, and becomes a magnet for further immigrants).
This then leads to white flight as the native population reject the imported culture, but because of political correctness they feel they cannot object, so take the passive-aggressive option which is to move.

One such person wrote about their experience here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9831912/I-feel-like-a-stranger-where-I-live.html

This, left alone by the State, would lead to white areas becoming whiter, and Islam reaching dominance rapidly once it passes a tipping point.

Some examples (from the 2011 census):
Blackburn - 27.4% Islamic
Bradford - 24.7% Islamic
Luton - 24.6% Islamic
Slough - 23.3% Islamic
Birmingham - 21.8% Islamic
Leicester - 18.6% Islamic

Will the State let this (voluntary) segregation follow its true course? Or will we see the "forced segregation" policies favoured in the USA, where communists in government employed policies such as "desegregation busing", or more recently, the couldn't-make-it-up policy of Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing to ensure that there are no White towns, no White neighbourhoods, no White schools, while ignoring all the foreign ghettos, because diversity.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by zigglr

Islam is not this problem that is made out to be. I know quite a few Muslim people who are fully integrated and love living here. They are respectful and valued by their community and by me. The problem lies in segregation and media scaremongering with all the extremeist religious groups they give their attention to.
Reply 8
I'm just like "daf**"
Man why would that happen. The only country I think has done this is US.
Others haven't done this.
I am a member of Islam and am a muslim.

Let me begin by stating, the United Kingdom, is one of the most diverse nations in the world. It doesn't matter if the nation is more leaning to another religion.

The UK, is currently, a nation leaning towards Christianity. Yet, muslims and other religions still come to the UK. And existing people are not leaving. It would be partly rude to leave the UK because it becomes leaning to Islam.

We should accept each other equally. We are in this country along with you. And we aren't leaving any time soon; you shouldn't either. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by SamuelSingleton
looks like we have a nationalist

Saying that it's not good that immigration is ridiculously high, higher than any other country, so much to the point where people are predicting whites will be outnumbered by 2050, doesn't make you a nationalist
Reply 11
Original post by phoenixsilver
Hope it doesn't, but ultimately with the "let's be nice to the peaceful Muslims" attitude observed by many students and the left wing media, it's a possibility.

In which case I would probably move to America (going through the legal, strict immigration process, may I add, as opposed to the open borders EU) to live in a free Western society.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to move to America too, looks pretty difficult though. Do you know how you would do it?
Original post by PowerHotmail

Let me begin by stating, the United Kingdom, is one of the most diverse nations in the world. It doesn't matter if the nation is more leaning to another religion.

The UK, is currently, a nation leaning towards Christianity. Yet, muslims and other religions still come to the UK. And existing people are not leaving. It would be partly rude to leave the UK because it becomes leaning to Islam.

We should accept each other equally. We are in this country along with you. And we aren't leaving any time soon; you shouldn't either. :smile:

Nah mate British people arent religious.
Reply 13
Original post by zigglr

600,000 is less than 1% of the current population. Oh no, the world is ending.
Original post by thesabbath
What is occurring is that various cities and boroughs are becoming Islamic strong-holds (the "community" forms, with its attendant mosques, and family member imports, and becomes a magnet for further immigrants).
This then leads to white flight as the native population reject the imported culture, but because of political correctness they feel they cannot object, so take the passive-aggressive option which is to move.

One such person wrote about their experience here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9831912/I-feel-like-a-stranger-where-I-live.html

This, left alone by the State, would lead to white areas becoming whiter, and Islam reaching dominance rapidly once it passes a tipping point.

Some examples (from the 2011 census):
Blackburn - 27.4% Islamic
Bradford - 24.7% Islamic
Luton - 24.6% Islamic
Slough - 23.3% Islamic
Birmingham - 21.8% Islamic
Leicester - 18.6% Islamic

Will the State let this (voluntary) segregation follow its true course? Or will we see the "forced segregation" policies favoured in the USA, where communists in government employed policies such as "desegregation busing", or more recently, the couldn't-make-it-up policy of Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing to ensure that there are no White towns, no White neighbourhoods, no White schools, while ignoring all the foreign ghettos, because diversity.

Leicester is 18.6% Islamic? I didn't realise it was that high, but I've never seen any problems with Islam here and I've not seen the segregation that people talk about.
Reply 15
Original post by PowerHotmail

Well, actually, quite a few existing people are leaving. Something like 350,000 a year I think.
Original post by zigglr

If it enforces Sharia Law like Saudi Arabia or Iran, then I'd be hacked to death (before I can even be sentenced to death by stoning by a Sharia court) by a mob due to my dislike of what the Quran can lead to when interpreted the way it is at the moment. I don't want my granddaughter wearing a niqab.

If the Muslims are secular or become secular like how the Christians here are secular, and if I'm allowed to criticise Islam and do what I want and retain my liberty, then no, I wouldn't leave.
Original post by flibber
If it enforces Sharia Law like Saudi Arabia or Iran, then I'd be hacked to death (before I can even be sentenced to death by stoning by a Sharia court) by a mob due to my dislike of what the Quran can lead to when interpreted the way it is at the moment. I don't want my granddaughter wearing a niqab.

If the Muslims are secular or become secular like how the Christians here are secular, and if I'm allowed to criticise Islam and do what I want and retain my liberty, then no, I wouldn't leave.

It doesn't look as though that's the direction it's going in. Numerous studies have shown 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims are far more radicalised than 1st generation Muslims. It's why I laugh when progressives attempt to convince everyone - on nothing other than blind faith - that people will assimilate into our society.

It's so utterly naive.
Reply 18
well said
Original post by TheCitizenAct
England is already an Islamic leaning country. Our value systems are already being eroded as a result of our blind allegiance to the ideology known as multiculturalism (the idea that all value systems in society have to be appeased, even if they conflict with the majority value system, because 'different cultures come from different backgrounds' and we can't expect them to 'behave like us', that would be 'intolerant' and 'bigoted':wink:.

For an example of what this looks like in practice, and what's in store for the UK, just take a look at Sweden.

Part of the problem is that the UK no longer has any consistent notion of what does and does not constitute 'morality', largely because it has spent decades redefining societal roles, determining that nothing is truly moral and pursuing an ideology of nihilism, that nothing is right, nothing is wrong, and to suggest otherwise is bigoted and racist.

In its place - upon the denunciation of religion, or rather Christianity, other religions are allowed to function without scrutiny - we've got moral relativism. We've got outcomes which suggest that suggest when a morality is applied in one context it's 'diverse' or 'tolerant' and when it's applied in another it's 'bigoted', 'racist', 'sexist', 'misogynistic', etc. What many seemingly fail to realise is that it's this cultural and moral abyss which is at the heart of every single frustration in British society.

Harriet Harman declares it would be 'rude' to interfere with a labour party event segregated along gender lines to appeal to Muslim voters. Change the context: gender segregation amongst white people = society goes mad.

Goldsmith University declares white men should be banned from attending diversity events. Change the context: black people being banned from diversity events. Society goes mad.

The BBC recently focused on the shooting of two Virginia reporters. They were shot by a black man. He was 'mentally ill' and 'being racially abused' at work. Change the context: the Charleston shootings. Black people were the victims, it received far more coverage, and it was deemed a 'hate crime' (these words were never used by the BBC in relation to Virginia).

Any time a white police shoots an unarmed black man, it's front page news. It's an example of 'systemic discrimination and racism.' Change the context: 93% of black people are killed by other black people. Black people are 13% of the population in the US, yet perpetrate 52% of all homicides. More unarmed white people are killed by the police every year than unarmed black people. No-one mentions these statistics, particularly not on the BBC.

The Independent creates a post entitled 'white men should never hold elected position in British Universities again.' Change the context: mass outrage. The response to this post was 'reverse racism isn't real. As white people hold all the power, it's impossible to be racist towards other white people.' Yep.

The BBC launches into a tirade against St Andrews golf club. It's sexist, archaic and discriminatory - it only admits men. Change the context: women-only networking groups, gyms, taxi firms, political party conferences, business conferences, etc. No-one cares.

The Irish referendum is hailed as a beacon of 'progressivism.' People all over vote in favour of the morality 'people should be free to marry whoever they choose' and exploit narratives like 'homophobia' to make everyone else conform to their narrow perspectives on what is 'right and wrong.' All who oppose will be kicked into social exile. Change the context: apply the same morality - 'people should be free to marry whoever they choose - in the context of incestuous marriage. Suddenly, all of those making accusations of bigotry appear just as bigoted as the people are accusing. 'Incestuous marriage is icky.'

Tim Farron was recently elected as leader of the Liberal Democrats. He was questioned incessantly about his views on homosexuality. Change the context: when was the last time you ever witnessed an Islamic politician or Lord, or an Imam, being questioned on their views on homosexuality? Trust me, they are 10 times worse.

I could literally be here all day.

However, we've created the conditions for ethnocentrism. Non-white groups, cultures and ethnicities are FAR more ethnocentric and tribal than white people (or, like women, are far more likely to demonstrate an own-group bias). Many journalists from minority groups openly assert they prefer their own ethnicity. When groups like the EDL profess this, it's the precise definition of racism. As far as the Guardian is concerned, it's 'progressive', and it's painted as such. Even though it's blatantly ethnocentric and verging on racism.

The meek feminised culture which has been taught decades worth of self-loathing - largely by groups eager to exploit narratives or accentuate only one side of the narrative to produce an outcome which resembles whiteness = racism, heterosexuality = homophobia and maleness = sexism - is absolutely incapable of standing up for itself in the face of a true threat. It doesn't know how to look evil in the eye and deal with it. All it knows is 'tolerance' and 'diversity', 'evil white man' and white male = pathological.

What's the outcome? 170,000 instances of FGM, forced marriages, welfare payments for polygamous marriages, Sharia patrols in London boroughs, extensive 'white flight' from our national capital city, the gradual implementation of a separate legal system (Sharia courts, there are now upwards of 100 all across the country), 100 extremists being admitted onto the Government's 'prevent' programme or deradicalisation training every single week, electoral fraud in Tower Hamlets, the sexual molestation of thousands of white girls - based purely on the colour of their skin - by Pakistani grooming gangs in 27+ towns and cities all over the UK, the Islamification of British schools in Birmingham (by covert measures), communities being overtaken by Islamic culture (ie, Tower Hamlets is now 32% Bangladeshi and is certainly NOT 'multicultural':wink: and a lot more besides.

All the while, certain minority groups spend all of their time being ethnocentric and telling the majority population how s**t and evil they are. Being the self-loathing society we now are - we always bow to a false accusation or shaming tactics - we sit there and take it.

Of course, this is hardly the whole picture. We'd have to look at the mountain of surveys to see that.

60% of Muslims would reject homosexuals as friends.

66% of Muslims believe that religious law is more important than the law of the land in which they live.

45% of Muslims think Jews can’t be trusted.

75% of Muslims believe there’s only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran.

45% of Muslims believe Western Civilisation is out to destroy Islam.

http://www.wzb.eu/en/press-release/islamic-fundamentalism-is-widely-spread

The survey was conducted across six European countries and solicited responses from 9,000 Muslims.

35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified.

42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified.

22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.

29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.

http://pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

40% of Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in the UK.

20% of British Muslims (520,000 people) sympathise with 7/7 bombers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

An alternative survey suggests as many as 25% of British Muslims sympathise with the 7/7 bombers.

28% of British Muslims hope the UK will become a religious fundamentalist Islamic state.

78% of British Muslims support punishment for those who publish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

62% of British Muslims believe free speech shouldn’t be protected when it offends religious groups.

68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of British people who insult Islam.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-british-muslims-put-islam-first/

that would be unthinkably horrendous and I for one would leave immediately! have been thinking about one day moving to places like Sweden or Norway where not only the quality of life is much better, but the majority of people are normal/sane (aka secular or atheist!) those statistics mentioned are alarming but to be honest i'm not that surprised...
If it got close to that point, there'd be civil war.

Latest