The Student Room Group

Has anyone got onto a uni course with just a btec???? Pls help

I'm doing the level 3 extended diploma in applied science and I'm so scared I won't get into uni as I really want to go I hope to do something along the lines of physiotherapy.
i got into a uni with just one extended level three diploma, and many universities are accepting them now :smile:

i dont know which particular uni youre looking for but i googled "physiotherapy degree" and found three unis

birmingham - Edexcel/BTEC Diploma: Applied Science, Health Studies or Sport and Exercise Science with D*D*D* overall and Distinctions in all units. Certain units are required in these BTECs. Other subjects at may be considered with A level Biology or PE at grade A. All BTEC students should contact us before submitting an application.

nottingham - BTEC Higher National Diploma:

16 units, majority in biology and the life sciences (please contact the division for guidance on acceptable HND qualifications)

Merit > distinction profile (DDM)

southampton -
BTECBTEC national diploma in health studies or science (DDD) when offered with pure Science A Level (preferably Biology or Human Biology) at Grade A
I got into uni with a BTEC. Not a great university, but I have my degree and now doing my PGCE at a very good one. I guess it depends on the subject as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
from what i looked up for you, op, i would suggest a-levels
Reply 4
Original post by KelseyElizabeth
I got into uni with a BTEC. Not a great university, but I have my degree and now doing my PGCE at a very good one. I guess it depends on the subject as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well done, do you mind me asking what btec you did and what uni course you got on to just out of interest thankyou
Reply 5
Original post by DannyDualscar
i got into a uni with just one extended level three diploma, and many universities are accepting them now :smile:

i dont know which particular uni youre looking for but i googled "physiotherapy degree" and found three unis

birmingham - Edexcel/BTEC Diploma: Applied Science, Health Studies or Sport and Exercise Science with D*D*D* overall and Distinctions in all units. Certain units are required in these BTECs. Other subjects at may be considered with A level Biology or PE at grade A. All BTEC students should contact us before submitting an application.

nottingham - BTEC Higher National Diploma:

16 units, majority in biology and the life sciences (please contact the division for guidance on acceptable HND qualifications)

Merit > distinction profile (DDM)

southampton -
BTECBTEC national diploma in health studies or science (DDD) when offered with pure Science A Level (preferably Biology or Human Biology) at Grade A

Thankyou so much helped a lot I might try and find a different degree to do which just takes the applied science extended diploma, do you mind me asking what btec you did?
Original post by Charlotte_a
Thankyou so much helped a lot I might try and find a different degree to do which just takes the applied science extended diploma, do you mind me asking what btec you did?

i did travel and tourism extended level 3, and im now studying tourism management at uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending